Stupid Fitbit tracking stats questions

Options
6ntvfy3btezt.jpg

So I recently did the update to the fit bit software and now when I run or walk, it gives me my moral miles completed, time, and pace. But I don't understand the pace part. Like the other day (in the attached pic) I know I ran a little more than a 9 minute mile. But the pace has these apostrophes and quotation marks in it and the number is like 14 something. So I'm curious as to what that means? And maybe that's a really obvious answer but I just seem to be missing something here. Help haha

Replies

• macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Is the duration and mileage accurate? I've found that my Fitbit doesn't always pick up the correct start or end times or get the mileage quite right and then my pace is off. Once I've got the correct times/duration and accurate mileage, it'll match what my Garmin running watch shows for pace.

The number in the upper right is the pace you ran at - 14 mins, 42 secs per mile.

~Lyssa
  • amysant
    amysant Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    14'42" means that you are doing a mile in 14 minutes, 42 seconds. The apostrophe indicates minutes, the quotation mark is seconds. Hope this helps~
  • tri_bob
    tri_bob Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    From the Calories Burned chart, it looks like you ran for a bit, then stopped, then walked for a bit? The recorded activity captured all of it, so the 14:42 pace looks like the average pace for the whole thing. Just a guess.
  • peaceloveabby01
    peaceloveabby01 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Oh ok that does make sense. Thank you all. Stupid question I know. Yes I did take a short break to get some powerade and then went back to running so maybe that's why my pace was all screwy. I'm not really that into pace anyway I just saw it added to the updated and was curious. My goal is to get over 1.75 miles or 3750 steps per run
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Yep - the Fitbit will average out your pace based on the entire duration of the activity. Running watches can be paused during a workout so the pace/distance run doesn't get goofed up but Fitbit doesn't do that.

~Lyssa