Anyone else hungry all the time?

Options
I eat all day!!! Every 2 to 3 hours but I still fill like I am never really satisfied. I go over my cals every day pretty much so what is worng?? Can anyone take a look at my food diary and give me some advice or am I supposed to fell this way......?:smile:

Thanks!!

Replies

• beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should try to do a couple of larger meals if every 2-3 hours is leaving you hungry. Eat more leafy vegetables at every meal - not a ton of calories, but usually pretty filling.

It seems you just started logging in the past few days. If this is a new program, it could be that you are drastically reducing the calories your body might be used to, so you might just need to wait it out to see if your body can adjust to the new calorie level.

Oh, and drink water! It will help at least give your tummy the full feeling.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    First of all, I dont' know how long you have been doing MFP buttt It gets easier, Right now your mind is having to adjust to the fact that you aren't feeding it as much as you used to, so it is sending signals to your body telling it it is hungry, once it adjusts and gets used to the amount of food, then It wont send signals telling you that you are hungry.

Hopefully this makes more sense.
  • cspence2270
    cspence2270 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Yep, pretty much. But I'm getting used to the feeling and starting to feel yucky when I overeat and feel full. I started to eat a big salad with Newman's light balsamic and vinegar dressing. It usually helps.
  • jsonnett02
    jsonnett02 Posts: 110
    Options
    I do....I miss the days of gorging myself sometimes...I was just talking to my fiance this morning about it!! I feel a lot better and happier getting back to my healthy food routines, but I miss some of those foods and eating till over filled :) oh well!!
  • joyr1982
    joyr1982 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating now? How many calories were you eating before. You may need time to adjust. Also, make sure that you are eating plenty of protein. That help sustain you blood sugar levels so they don't spike and then drop.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I AM ALWAYS HUNGRY.........I eat then think about what I am going to eat at next snack/meal!! Ridiculous!! Sometimes I exercise more just so I can eat! I just try to drink my 64oz of water and eat filling foods like oatmeal, eggs, apples......very hard tho' so I know what your are going thru!!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I eat all day!!! Every 2 to 3 hours but I still fill like I am never really satisfied. I go over my cals every day pretty much so what is worng?? Can anyone take a look at my food diary and give me some advice or am I supposed to fell this way......?:smile:

Thanks!!

Some people (me included) just aren't cut out for the "many small meals throughout the day" thing. If you never feel FULL you are always hungry.

Try eating 3 larger meals a day (and maybe one very small snack) and see if it helps! A huge part of this process is trial and error until you find what will work for you for a lifetime!

:flowerforyou:
  • cspence2270
    cspence2270 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I don't know why people say drink water--- all it does to me is make me have to pee.:blushing:
  • P90XCertifiedCoach
    Options
    I do low carb and am eatung like a king, If Im hungry I eat, losing weight everyday
  • absie107
    absie107 Posts: 290
    Options
    What kinds of foods are you eating?

If you eat stuff with protein and fat (and vegetables, of course) you won't be as hungry. Drink a lot of water. Reconsider your daily calorie goal - while sheer amount of food does have something to do with weight gain, the quality of the calories matters just as much. Carbohydrates, especially ones that are super sugary and have fructose, generally make you hungrier. At least they did for me... when I cut out grains, I lost the 24/7 hunger.
  • ashtenr
    ashtenr Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am taking more supplements. I have found that taking 2 chromium pills at breakfast and 2 with lunch has regulated my sugar cravings.
  • red4560
    red4560 Posts: 32
    Options
    you can always have a pack of trail mix on you if you get hungry: its filling in small quantities and its healthy! I am always hungry so I know how you feel. You should also try eating more protein too. Carbs and sweets will only fill you for a short period of time...
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I eat low carb...never hungry anymore. Maybe add some more protein into your diet?
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Cut out food additives. Especially corn syrup and MSG. These destroy your ability to feel full.

Add in lots of veggies that don't pack a lot of calories but do pack in volume.

Add in soluable fiber such as konjac glucomannan powder. This is excellent for your digestive system along with many other things and is the best fiber for you. It's cheap comparatively and can be used to make instant puddings all the way to pasta. This helps fill up your belly, especially while you are adjusting to the new diet, just make sure you take it slow, you don't want to add in a ton of fiber right away or you will ache. A little at a time, bump it up over a period of time and fiber will become part of your daily routine.

Make sure you're actually eating enough. Also scrutinize your food. For example it takes like three cups of carrots to equal a single slice of bread. It takes twice as much chicken to equal the same amount of calories in pork or beef, sometimes more.

Make all your food count. Two plates of stirfry with tons of veggies, a light sauce, rice, and such can equal a burger and fries or less.
  • KeyMasterOfGozer
    KeyMasterOfGozer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    The only thing I see in your food diary is that you are eating a LOT of sugar. You are eating 3 times as much as is recommended. Sugar causes a blood sugar spike, which gets an insulin response. The insulin burst causes a low blood sugar response, which makes your brain signal hunger. You can try eating more veggies that are lower in sugar and higher in fiber. That might help you be less hungry.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I was like that for the first couple of months. I was desperately starving all the time. Now my body has adjusted and is used to getting less food. Also I have adapted what I eat to fill up more within my allowance. I am not eating bananas and things that have a lot of calories but don't fill me up. More vegetables, no bread or pasta. Lots of greek yoghurt.
  • wheelieblade
    wheelieblade Posts: 323
    Options
    I don't know why people say drink water--- all it does to me is make me have to pee.:blushing:

same here!
  • ali06013
    ali06013 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I get hungry all the time, too.

I find it helpful to eat nutrient-balanced REAL food instead of '100 calorie pack' snack food portions, protein waters/shakes, meal-replacement bars, etc. There isn't a lot of volume to these foods, so even if I consume enough calories and get a good balance of nutrients from them, I am left feeling hungry because my stomach doesn't have much to mull over.

I pack a sandwich for lunch that includes high-fiber bread, protien rich turkey/chicken deli meat, Kraft Singles fat-free cheese, and plenty of baby spinach or other dark, leafy greans for more fiber and vitamins and minerals. For lubrication, I spread hummus (instead of mayo or oil and vinegar) on the bread, which gives me more protein, fiber, and some fat. Along with the sandwich, I typially will eat some raw fruit (strawberries, grapes, blueberries, etc.) because they are filling due to the fact that they are mostly water with some fiber.

Also, try not to eat refined grains, like white flour. They cause your blood sugar to spike, which caused your insulin spike, and then you end up feeling very hungry - if not starving - shortly after.
  • lucycaz
    lucycaz Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am no expert but I can speak from experience – I had a quick flick through your diary and it seems to be a little heavy on sugar – I have found in the past when I have dieted (and failed) the more sweet things I have the more hungry I stay.... This time I have tried to stick to only natural sweet things (fruit) and minimise the processed foods which are high in sugar....

I know this is hard when if you have a sweet tooth but it has really helped me I am struggling some days to eat 1200 cals and although I would be lying to say I was never hungry I really am less hungry than when I have tried this before....

Hope this helps.....

Lucy
  • ali06013
    ali06013 Posts: 24 Member
    Options

At least you know your body is flushing out toxins when you pee, though! :)