On optifast, my anniversary and my birthday this week

Options
2»

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    You celebrate you engagement anniversary?

I digress.

Why do a program that means you can't go to dinner to celebrate a milestone?

Yeah, I found odd as well. Then again I know someone who celebrates monthly anniversaries and posts lots of annoying lovey dovey crap about it on her facebook page (for the entire week) that I had to unfriend them.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I reckon men see it as a "gift" every time they get some :laugh: Be it once a week or 10 times!! :tongue:

Now THIS is a woman who understands men!
  • jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    Don't sweat it, it's one night.

I eat cake for my anniversary. I draw the line at eating cake for everyone else's party. I choose small portions but eat the food at the celebrations of family members. I skip the cake at work.

Here's the deal, weight loss and maintaining are a lifetime thing. If at the end of the day you're on the verge of tears because you can't live your life and lose weight, well, then you're doing it wrong. Not celebrating major milestones because your trying to lose weight just doesn't work. Celebrate the big stuff, reel it in elsewhere.

I'm not going to lie. This makes sense.

What can I say, there is a LOT of cake in my life. There had to be clear boundaries.. lol
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    Don't sweat it, it's one night.

I eat cake for my anniversary. I draw the line at eating cake for everyone else's party. I choose small portions but eat the food at the celebrations of family members. I skip the cake at work.

Here's the deal, weight loss and maintaining are a lifetime thing. If at the end of the day you're on the verge of tears because you can't live your life and lose weight, well, then you're doing it wrong. Not celebrating major milestones because your trying to lose weight just doesn't work. Celebrate the big stuff, reel it in elsewhere.

I'm not going to lie. This makes sense.

Yes indeedy!

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    mlashkar wrote: »
    hello every one,
    I started Optifast 800 shakes 4 weeks ago. Today is my engagement anniversary, my birthday is also few days away. I want to take my husband on a date but I don't want to just set doing nothing. What ideas do you have to work this out? Ps I also have a 5 yr old child.
    Thanks in advance

A date doesn't have to be at a restaurant you know. Go to a museum, the zoo, on a hike, see a movie, paint pottery, go to a concert, go dancing, go roller skating, stay at home and play games, volunteer somewhere together... Whatever would be nice and special.

How long do you plan to do shakes? Do you have a plan for when you stop them?
  • mlashkar
    mlashkar Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody.. Well, it is the first day we start dating so it is so special to me. Even though he doesn't usually remember it but I do. In my culture we get marry by arrangement so we don't start talking on the phone and meet each other until we are officially engaged (applying for marriage certificate) then we have the engagement period to know each other better and then the wedding..
    I will see what I will do. I agree that it is a life time maintaing weight but in my case I want to loose weight ASAP before I conceive since I have been trying to conceive for baby #2 and I don't want to put on extra weight on my old baby weight.. Just my opinion. @Lounmoun I plan to stay on shakes until I loose 35 pounds or get pregnant. I have 25 pounds to go (or at least a month)
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    If you are trying for a baby... You shouldn't be doing a VLCD!!!!
  • mlashkar
    Options
    aimeerace wrote: »

Thank you.. I am closely supervised by a doctor and dietician (weekly) and I as soon as I find the positive result, I will stop the shakes..
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

Thank you.. I am closely supervised by a doctor and dietician (weekly) and I as soon as I find the positive result, I will stop the shakes..

And neither of them have an issue with a woman trying to conceive being on a liquid low calorie diet? Wowzers. No way my GP would advocate something like that. Good luck.
  • mlashkar
    Options

And neither of them have an issue with a woman trying to conceive being on a liquid low calorie diet? Wowzers. No way my GP would advocate something like that. Good luck.

They just told me to be on prenatal and test and stop it once I get it
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options

They just told me to be on prenatal and test and stop it once I get it

Did your doctor tell you that being on a VLCD can cause you to stop ovulating? Your body needs to know that it can support growing a baby, and will not even give you the opportunity if you are not getting the required calories. If you want to get pregnant, you need to eat a sensible number of calories, not just take a vitamin and drink a shake. Take this advice from a woman who spent a year and a half trying to have her second child. I did a lot of studying, and can't even begin to estimate the number of women I saw struggling because they were not eating enough