success is my journey...want to walk with me!?

Options
my goal is to gain 10lbs in one month and tone my body :D
"i want to inspire people. i want someone to look at me and say...bcuz of you i didnt give up."

Replies

• muscledaveSJC
    muscledaveSJC Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Your calorie intake would have to be huge in order to make positive gains of 10 lbs in a month, try 2-3 to start
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    "i want to inspire people. i want someone to look at me and say...bcuz of you i didnt give up."

So you want to gain 2.5 pounds a week????

It took me four no months to gain ten pounds at .5 per week gain...

Not sure if serious, but Increase your daily calories by 1000 and have fun...

I would suggest a heavy lifting program too
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options

Women can't add muscle that fast, it will end up being mostly fat I believe. You need @usmcmp or @Sarauk2sf or someone like that to pop in here.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Op just shoot for .5 pound gain per week and lift heavy
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I bulked and the best two month period of my bulk I gained 3 pounds of lean mass. I gained an average of 3 pounds per month for 16 months, but I still added a lot of fat.

Gaining 10 pounds in a month would mean about a pound of muscle and 9 pounds of fat, so I don't think you really understand how all of this works. How about you just slowly increase calories to minimize fat gains and follow a solid lifting program.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Your calorie intake would have to be huge in order to make positive gains of 10 lbs in a month, try 2-3 to start

All the huge calorie intake would do is add a lot of fat. Women should not gain more than 2-3lb a month as a newb, and less as you get 'older' in your lifting life.

OP: what is your lifting routine like and how long have you been lifting?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Women can't add muscle that fast, it will end up being mostly fat I believe. You need @usmcmp or @Sarauk2sf or someone like that to pop in here.

Women are lucky to add that in a year - and that's when pretty new to lifting so as far from your muscular potential as you can be. Training, genetics, diet etc all come into play as well.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I just realize, I assumed you meant muscle. What are you trying to achieve? Are you underweight so you need to add fat also or are you just looking to increase muscle definition and/or muscle mass?
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options

I think we need to really understand what you want and why. Are we talking muscle? Are you recovering from an ED? Not sure your reasons and the timeline so perhaps you can give us a better idea of what you really want.
  • chiquitaflakita
    chiquitaflakita Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i have always been thin
    i have a high metabolism
    but i have always maintained a good weight
    but the last year i have been suffering from depression from the loss of my son
    and lost at least 10lbs in a short period of time
    i am 5'2 118
    i would like to get back to at least 125-130 and tone my body
    bcuz i have lost a lot of tone
    i am not trying to build muscle just tone
    thx! :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    i have always been thin
    i have a high metabolism
    but i have always maintained a good weight
    but the last year i have been suffering from depression from the loss of my son
    and lost at least 10lbs in a short period of time
    i am 5'2 118
    i would like to get back to at least 125-130 and tone my body
    bcuz i have lost a lot of tone
    i am not trying to build muscle just tone
    thx! :)

Hi! I am very sorry about your son.

'Tone' is not really a defined word - it usually means relatively lean with some muscle definition showing but not super thin or particularly muscular. Is this the look you are going for?

The 'tone' you have lost is probably muscle mass and fat combined. Basically, you would need to get both back to get back to your prior look.

Eat at a slight surplus and get on a good progressive loading resitance training routine.
  • chiquitaflakita
    Options

@ndj1979 ur right!
    it is very unrealistic!
    i realize that now bcuz i feel so sick after eating so much
    i just feel like im gonna throw-up
  • chiquitaflakita
    Options
    @Sarauk2sf
    thank you so much for ur advice!
    yes thats the look i want...maybe a little more muscular but still looking feminine but easily noticable :)

i have changed my goal
    to be more realistic
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    @Sarauk2sf
    thank you so much for ur advice!
    yes thats the look i want...maybe a little more muscular but still looking feminine but easily noticable :)

i have changed my goal
    to be more realistic

You are welcome.

I would check out Bret Contreras' Strong Curves routine (I am assuming you have access to a gym here though).