Frustrated, but ready for a fresh start

Options
Hello!

I've been a MFP user for a long while, on and off, and am great at logging breakfast and lunch. By dinner, when I'm home from my job, I fall off the wagon, and either snack too much or forget to log at all.

I own a scale, I have a basic functioning understanding of nutrition, nutrient dense foods, etc. Whether I use it or not is where my failings are.

I work 40 hours a week, and love to cook, but forget to meal plan. I snack a lot, and try to make them good ones, but potatoes and I have a long standing relationship (I love them in all their forms); I think it's time for a break-up.

This morning? I stepped on the scale and, to my horror, gained back the ten pounds since my last weigh-in (almost 3 months ago).

I'm looking for motivation and encouragement, accountability buddies or at least someone to share the journey and swap recipes.

I hope this isn't too whiney, and I've been hesitant to post since I know what I need to do, now I just need to do it.

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options

I've been hesitant to post since I know what I need to do, now I just need to do it.

Sounds like you do, so like you said, do it. You are the only one holding you back. I know that realizations had lit a fire under my butt on a few occasions.

Don't break up with potatoes, just log them and eat them in moderation.

• terihaneykinney
    terihaneykinney Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    OMG! You sound like my twin! I gained the 20 lbs that I lost using MFP and am getting back on the wagon. Evenings are hard for me and I forget to log in as well. Starting today that has to change. I will send you a friend request and we can check on each other how does that sound!
  • ValkyrieInTraining
    ValkyrieInTraining Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @4legsRbetterthan2 I think the scale really made everything "click" in my head this morning. Time to get to it!

@terihaneykinney Definitely! I would love an accountability buddy. My change will be slow over the weekend, and the Monday I am getting my butt into high gear - exercise, meal planning, logging more frequently. We can do this together. :)
  • terihaneykinney
    terihaneykinney Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Let's do it!! Weigh in day is Tuesday's. Then we tell each other either why we did good or why we didn't do good!
  • Lisa_0527
    Lisa_0527 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I was always the same way - breakfast and lunch I did great and then come dinner time it just all went downhill. Meal planning is what has really helped me get on track. It took a little bit to get in the habit but now I plan my meals for the whole week and even pre-log them so I can see how it all falls into place. Then all I have to do is get up in the morning look at my food diary and know all my decisions are made. Sometimes I make an adjustment here or there but for the most part I stick to what I have planned for the week.

Good luck.....you can do it!! You are welcome to add me as well if you would like some support/motivation.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Can i suggest you make a support plan to deal with all the issues that have come to light and thrown you off track. its important you know how to deal with them. Having a clear plan makes it easier because the decisions are made for you in advance.