Where do I start??

Options
I'm really confused. After months of trying this and trying that (quick fixes) I'm probably 5lbs lighter and and inch off waist and hips. Oh and really miserable having just come off a 1,000 calorie restricted diet for 4 weeks

Replies

• scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    So your problem is feeling miserable? Reduce your calorie deficit so you lose 0.5 lbs a week, you'll have more to eat and still lose weight. You're in no hurry so take your time.
  • Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 554 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Start by plugging in your stats on mfp and a reasonable rate of loss (1 to 0.5 lb per week) and start logging your food. Make sure you weigh all of your solid foods and measure all of your liquids and enter them accurately. You want to make sure you eat enough. MFP recommends a calorie allotment with your deficit already built in so you don't need to eat below its recommendations. Starting tracking your weight but don't obsess over small variances - once a week is pretty standard around here, in the morning, before eating or drinking and off you go. Measurements at least once a month are also very helpful for people since the scale is a tricky little thing.
  • kahmed2014
    kahmed2014 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sorry half my message didn't post for sum reason! I'm 5ft 2 11st4lbs. I'm currently eating 1300 cals and doing 30 day shred 6 days a week. I have bout 1 and half stone to lose. Is this about right? I do have 1 cheat meal a week but apart from that quite strict on myself. Thanks.
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    kahmed2014 wrote: »
    Sorry half my message didn't post for sum reason! I'm 5ft 2 11st4lbs. I'm currently eating 1300 cals and doing 30 day shred 6 days a week. I have bout 1 and half stone to lose. Is this about right? I do have 1 cheat meal a week but apart from that quite strict on myself. Thanks.

Is that to lose 0.5 lbs a week? If not, see if you can allow yourself more calories. That cheat meal could undo your deficit depending on the size of it. I think you'd be better off fitting in so called 'naughty' food into your regular diet. Maybe a little bit of chocolate every day for example. That isn't a lot to lose by the way, so don't be in a hurry and give yourself a year to do it. That may seem like a long time but you'll feel a lot better about it.
  • kahmed2014
    kahmed2014 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ok my cheat meal last week was about a cheeseburger an chips and a slice of cake. I put it in as 1,000 cals for all of it but don't know if that was too much or not enough cals? I don't eat any of my exercise cals and thought this wud cover that? Please can u check my diary for the last few days and see if the other foods are ok?