Cold Cereals

Options
HELP! I am looking for a healthy cereal that doesn't taste like I am eating a cardboard box. Can anyone help me? Thanks

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Most of the cereals not aimed at kids are healthy enough. The problem with cereal isn't that it's not healthy. It's the portion size. My favorite cereal is Raisin Nut Bran, but a serving size is 3/4 cup. To me, that's like a bite.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I eat multi grain cherrio's almost everyday!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Guess it depends on your definition of healthy, but I like the Special K brand cereals.
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Special K Chocolate Chunk or Kashi Go Lean Crunch are good but I'm not sure of the calorie/fat content. I don't eat a lot of cold cereal and quite often end up throwing it away because it isn't worth the calories but I would get the Special K and use it as a snack or I like the Kashi in yogurt but not a full serving size.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Honey nut cheerios are good.
    I can not remember the name but it is organic cereal that is like cinimmon toast crunch just much better for you.
    Special K
    Frosted mini wheats
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    HELP! I am looking for a healthy cereal that doesn't taste like I am eating a cardboard box. Can anyone help me? Thanks

Does not exist.

Okay, okay, I guess if you like cereal you can try Special K and Kashi Berry Crumble, both of those were tasty when I used to eat them.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    cheerios, rice krispies, shredded wheat, fiber one, and total are all pretty decent tasting and do not contain much sugar. Kashi Go Lean is the cereal I eat all the time, but it does resemble cardboard a little bit! ( I don't think so, but my friends wouldn't touch it.) My other favorites are Total's blueberry-pomegranite flakes and Mother's all-nutural "Peanut Butter Bumpers". They both taste amazing!
  • joannbuist23
    joannbuist23 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean Crunch, yum!
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add that Special K's cereals have a really good selection of flavors, however the nutrition facts aren't that great!
  • kateanne27
    kateanne27 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I love all the honey bunches of oats varieties, and special K with berried or sliced banana on top.
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean Crunch - I love it in yogurt too!
  • lisabel87
    lisabel87 Posts: 152
    Options
    I love the gluten free enviro kids peanut butter puffs! so tasty. its 130 calories in 3/4 of a cup...

7675885.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • MimerT
    MimerT Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon Cheerios are great!
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I love multi grain cherrios and their chocolate ones aren't too bad for you and taste really good. Other than that, try Fiber One brands or Kellog's Antioxidant Fiber Plus. I have never had either of those but have heard good things about them.
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Heartland Granola or Fresh Market has a Puff's cereal, all-natural but I can't remember the name, sorry.
  • shallott
    shallott Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good tasting HEALTHY adult cereals DO exist.

The Nature's Path organic, gluten free cereal's are great. More info here: http://www.naturespath.com/products/cold cereals?tid=5&brand=All&nutri=All

The Crunchy Maple Surprise, Crunchy Vanilla Surprise and Flax Plus boxes contain 110 calories per 2/3 cup serving. I have one serving with a 1/4 cup of sugar-free almond milk, which is only 40cal/cup. So my breakfast only has 120 calories, loads of fibre & protein and I don't feel weighed down because the carbohydrate content is very low for a cereal.
  • BonitaAppleBomb87
    Options
    I love kashi organic strawberry crips it tastes just like special k but with out all the added junk and it has no high frutose corn syrup i get mines from whole foods or trader joes
  • lindsay6694
    lindsay6694 Posts: 182
    Options
    i like special k protein plus and i mix it with a serving size of rice chex and sprinkle cinnamon on them and mix it all together. then use some unsweetend almond milk. and i like it. but i dont eat cereal to often
  • WmCabrera
    WmCabrera Posts: 7
    Options
    Nature's Path! Has a large selection, serving size is 3/4 cup.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Define what you mean by "healthy." Most cold cereals are loaded with sugar. There's 4.2 grams of sugar in a teaspoon, so even "healthy" cereals (lots of protein & fiber) can have more than 3 teaspoons of sugar in a single serving.

I like Kashi 7 whole grain flakes (4g sugar per serving).