100 lbs Lost and beating the odds

Options
keeponkickin
keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
I haven't posted in the forums for a while and thought I'd pop back in to encourage some of you. I've logged in 1550 consecutive days, that's over 4 years on MFP. By my one year anniversary on MFP I lost a whopping 100 pounds without surgery, starving myself or gimmics, just old fashioned diet and exercise. I've been maintaining that loss since then. During the past two years I've had some hard knocks. I had back to back hip surgery for FAI (hip impingement and labral tears), followed by a severe foot fracture that took me complete non weight bearing for 10 months and then a cancer scare and surgery for that. While all that was very tough, I'm so proud that I've maintained the weight loss during so much down time with activity and I didn't return to my old habits of eating during stressful events.

I'd really love some new pals here as so many have gone by the wayside during my stay here. I'm coming off maintenance and pushing hard to lose another 20 pounds. It's a LOT harder the closer you get to goal.

Before and after pics are in my profile.

Replies

• LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • Dynetha
    Dynetha Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    What a run of bad luck but awesome dedication!
  • keeponkickin
    Options
    Thanks. I call it life and not bad luck. The old me would eat during times of stress but it's so good to know I'm a truly changed person. Not only did I not stress eat but I adjusted calorie intake to take into account less activity and recovery. My hip issues still aren't the best but I "keep on kickin."
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on what you have accomplished.
  • lemonaid7
    lemonaid7 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    WOW 1550 consecutive days of logging, that's awesome, & great job of staying strong during all your challenges!!! I'm just staring my journey of losing 50 pounds & I'd love to be your MFP pal
  • PB91765
    PB91765 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC you are an inspiration to me. 1550 days lagging in is great. I am on day 80- this time around. I was up over 100 days but I had some sickness also and did not login in a few days.
    Good Luck with getting back you health and your goal weight
  • violet806
    violet806 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Dear KOK: What an inspirational post to read as I start my first week after many months being away from MFP. Life has also happened to me, and I've gained much of the weight back...I also have at least 100 lbs to lose, and as I said, I am so inspired by your story and your spirit. Keep it up!
  • vegaschick82
    vegaschick82 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congrats. You're an inspiration :)
  • violet806
    violet806 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    PS i would be more than happy to be a pal :)
  • keeponkickin
    Options
    violet806 wrote: »
    PS i would be more than happy to be a pal :)

Thanks. Friend request sent.
  • tho2004_418
    tho2004_418 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congrats on pulling through the tough times that you have endured! You are a strong woman and I admire you for it. I'm just basically starting my journey here on MFP and love reading these types of success stories, they push me to continue with my health goals.
  • keeponkickin
    Options
    Congrats on pulling through the tough times that you have endured! You are a strong woman and I admire you for it. I'm just basically starting my journey here on MFP and love reading these types of success stories, they push me to continue with my health goals.

Thanks ever so much.
  • keeponkickin
    Options
    Bump
  • duddyluke
    duddyluke Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Very inspiring!
  • LeeAnn254
    LeeAnn254 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Perseverance at it's best. Add me!
  • maryjboom
    maryjboom Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational! I am just over 100days. I can't imagine 1500+.
    Add me if you want. I have about 20 more to go.
  • dliteb440
    dliteb440 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! How many calories did u eat during your weight loss period?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!