Post your progress chart and tell us the details!

Options
2»

Replies

• seantheking87
    seantheking87 Posts: 52 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    gd5j5greodv6.png

I'm due a weigh in on Thursday which will mark 8 weeks roughly since I started. I'm in the "eat what I like but stick to calorie goals" group. There are just certain things id rather not have to give up, I find it much easier that way.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I can't post the fancy stuff like above, because I'm an Android user. But here's my report from my laptop:

d5vk05yyq4ts.png

Started at 232.3 pounds. This AM I weighed in at 157.0 pounds. So 75.3 pounds down. I only log gains if they stay for more than a week. I am 11 days away from a full year of logging.
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I can't post the fancy stuff like above, because I'm an Android user. But here's my report from my laptop:

d5vk05yyq4ts.png

Started at 232.3 pounds. This AM I weighed in at 157.0 pounds. So 75.3 pounds down. I only log gains if they stay for more than a week. I am 11 days away from a full year of logging.
    Wow you are amazing!!!
  • mart001
    mart001 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Started on MFP, Jan 4, 2013 at 282 pounds and been at goal weight of 150 since Sept 13,2014

9gneth10ld2n.png
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options

d5vk05yyq4ts.png

Wow you are amazing!!!

Thank you <3
  • nazneen24
    nazneen24 Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Today is my first day using this app and getting myself back into shape. I am a very emotional eater so hopefully I can get that controlled. Any advice or tips would be soo helpful :)
  • Ibknute
    Ibknute Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Started this journey in late September/early October 2014 and started using MFP in mid-October consistently. Started at 395 and was just under 325 this past Sunday. I use Sunday morning as my official weigh-in time but do track intermediate weigh-ins 2-3 times during the week. Based on what I was yesterday I should be between 321 and 322 tomorrow morning. That will put me at just under 75 pounds lost in a little over 6 months. Looking to drop at least another 50 before settling into a maintenance weigh range.

Great seeing everyone's progress and commitment to the cause of being a better you! There will be ups and downs along the way but keeping your eye on the end goal will help you get through those low and frustrating periods.

5o6gfydzz06y.jpg
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options
    reeree214 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    Today is my first day using this app and getting myself back into shape. I am a very emotional eater so hopefully I can get that controlled. Any advice or tips would be soo helpful :)

My number 1 piece of advice for all new people: get a food scale. Weigh all solids, and measure all liquids.
  • Ibknute
    Ibknute Posts: 43 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    reeree214 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    My number 1 piece of advice for all new people: get a food scale. Weigh all solids, and measure all liquids.

I definitely agree with @TheVirgoddess on weighing and measuring your food. I knew I was eating too much and at times would think I was doing okay by eyeballing things but that really was not the case. I know I can still do a better job at this but you will probably be surprised and how much you are eating compared to how much you think you are eating.

In terms of the "emotional eating" part, while I don't feel like this was an extreme issue for me in general I know there were plenty of times that I just wanted to eat something for no real good reason. A way to start addressing this is to make a list of those things that tend to trigger your wanting to eat. It may be big or small and can be internally caused or externally caused. Once you have that list you can then start to plan ways to address those feelings and triggers in a more productive manner. How they are addresses will be unique for each person but some examples might be talking a walk or doing some other physical activity, calling a friend or family member, reading a book or doing a puzzle, changing whatever activity you might be doing at that moment, or anything to get your mind thinking about something else other than eating. It also helps to have healthier snacks available for those times when you do end up eating something.

You can do this and please don't hesitate to reach out for help and encouragement whenever you feel it is needed!
  • Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 554 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    r19qd33749xp.jpg

Here is mine - hope it works as I have never posted a photo before. It is a little embarrassing, but I hope it helps people. I started out at 168 and found mfp at 163. I started gaining when I moved in with my now husband and there was always food around.

I lost the 20lbs slowly as I lifted and trained for my triathlon last summer, but started having a lot of pain in my right leg. I completed the triathlon through the pain because it was a goal of mine and I knew the pain wasn't something that would be damaged by competing (I'd gone to the doctor already) and after talking with a doctor they recommended surgery because I had a benign tumor pressing on a nerve in my leg causing intense pain even when I was sitting. I had surgery in October and wasn't allowed to really move that much for a while so... I gained it all back - because I refused to step on the scale and was depressed. Not a good combo for me.

January I decided to bite the bullet and start again but I only really got moving in February of this year and have been pushing ever since with a nice steady loss. I'm keeping it off this time!!! Mainly because I've changed my diet and not just my activity level. It's a great feeling! I didn't realize how much I missed lifting until I was squatting again. I hope that helps people! My injury sidelined me but I would have probably gained the weight back regardless BC I didn't change my diet. Now it's a larger change and I think it will stick!
  • spunkyabroad
    spunkyabroad Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I've lost 66 lbs or 30 kg since May 25, 2014. Slow steady progress. Initial goal was 125 or 57 kg. I'm at 134 (61 kg) now and am thinking I want to go lower. We'll see.

I really want to build muscle but I'm having a very slow recovery from a broken shoulder. I'm going to keep focusing on losing body fat until I am healthy enough to lift weights.

akybx1owlzeu.png
  • hmm33502
    hmm33502 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I think the progress chart shows the importance of not quitting! My 50 lb gain hurt, but seeing it on the chart is excruciating. I look at that picture when I am discouraged and it shows me how important tracking is for my health! I'm not taking about just food, because I'm horrible about that, but tracking and recording weight! You are all amazing! Every loss is great because it is taking us in the right direction!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    66c130kustso.jpg

The start of my chart is actually about a year before joining MFP. My highest weight was after the birth of my first little boy. As soon as I got the "Ok" from my doctor, I started working on my weight. I went about it the wrong way and fell back to bad habits after a few months.

I started working on my weight again in 2013. A couple weeks after I started again, I stared using MFP. Let's just say I fell in love. So much information and the things I learned made weight loss easier for me. Now I said easier not easy. I still struggle. Some days are easy and some are not, but it's a hell of a lot better than what I attempted before. Anyway, 2013 went pretty well. However, towards the end I developed a little bump that took 9 months to become a boulder.
    In 2014, the boulder was split open and I happily welcomed a second little boy into this world. As soon as I could, I went back to cutting my calories. Workouts had to wait for a few months, but as soon as I could I was back to that as well.
    The most recent update, is that at the end of last month I crossed the line between a healthy BMI and an overweight BMI.
    I still have a bit of weight to lose but I'm getting closer to my goal.

Never Give Up.
  • missspottydog
    missspottydog Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    xshjfly5fda6.jpg
    I've only been logging since the end of January but have lost on average just over 0.5lbs per week. I want to change my eating habits to something I can sustain long term so I'm happy for slow, steady weight loss. I've lost 17lbs so far, still at least 80 to go! Please feel free to add me, I've got a few MFP friends from 'real life' but they don't log in very often.
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm at the beginning of eating better and losing weight. I have about 50lbs more to lose. 230dpofv6r4l.jpg