Busy Mom's 10,000 Steps a Day Challenge!

Options

Replies

• tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    ogcd0loswvls.jpg
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,784 Member
    Options
    Tat2cookie... So proud of you....you are on FIRE! :o
  • LKMatlock
    Options
    Stay at home mom of 5. Just joined a gym.....it's the only way I can get 10,000 steps in. Hubby bought me the Fitbit HR for accountability as I have 63 pounds I'd like to loose.....I love all the things it keeps up with.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I finished up my day yesterday with a total of 17,123 steps.
  • jm216
    Options
    Nice job, Eileen! Welcome everyone. :) 10,441 for Friday:)
  • jlc041979
    jlc041979 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I got my highest step count yesterday ever since I got my Fitbit in February. I got in 12810 and am pretty happy about that since it was an off day for an actual workout.
  • fejiofor
    fejiofor Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    12,400 steps 11/4
    10,178 steps 10/4
    14,100 steps 9/4
    4452 steps 8/4
    8259 steps 7/4
  • HCG73
    HCG73 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Can I join too? I got a Fitbit zip for Christmas and have used it everyday. I'm determined to get as many steps in as possible so I put it on my pyjamas each night so I don't lose any first thing!

Today I've done 11224 which included a nice 45 minute walk round my village as I realised I was low on steps.
  • lifewelllived14
    lifewelllived14 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would love to join (im also looking for friends to help keep each other accountable!!). I'm a sahm of two girls. I thought staying at home would make it easier to lose, I was WRONG! looking forward to getting in 10,000 steps a day
  • jm216
    Options
    Welcome friends! :)
    It's so nice if you to join us. Just post your steps when you can.

I've got 800 more to go before bed ... Think I'll fold laundry and March in place:)
  • HCG73
    Options
    So it's nice a sunny, if not particularly warm, here is SE England today so I'm going to have another nice walk later on.

You may be interested in signing up to www.bounts.it which is a reward site that links to Fitbit (and various other devices/apps) and gives you points for exercise taken. For Fitbit you need to do 7000 steps each day to get points. Once you get to a certain level of points you can exchange them for vouchers for shops, cafes, websites etc. (each country has different exchanges).

It's still in its trial stage and I believe that in the future there will be an option for paid add ons, but if you register before end of April I believe it's free for you forever.

It may take a while to earn the points but if we are trying to do the steps anyway, why not get something for free from it?

If you are interested I have a referral code that I believe gives us both additional points - grace1632.

Despite the long post, I'm not an expert, nor related to this website, but I thought it may be of interest of likeminded people. I've only been signed up for a few days, but my points are starting to build.

Helen.
  • jm216
    Options
    It's going to be a great Sunday...can you feel it?
  • HCG73
    Options
    Just back from a 3.66 mile walk around the footpaths in my village. It took 2.5 hours at a leisurely pace with my 7 year old, stopping here and there to get some geocaches along the way.

I'm at 10800 for today, but I expect the rest of the day to be quite leisurely.

Today is certainly becoming a great Sunday, jm216!
  • FitPhillygirl
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Yesterday was my highest step count. I think joining in on a challenge at work helped with that. :smile:

9pp2my61hu35.jpg

• FitPhillygirl
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »
    It's going to be a great Sunday...can you feel it?

Absolutely! It's going to be a great day to get outside and walk.
  • HCG73
    Options
    Going to bed soon (I think I'm quite a few hours ahead of most people on here) and I'm at 133308 so I'm over target and a great start to my Fitbit week!
  • fejiofor
    fejiofor Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    10,034 steps. Today was suppose to be my rest day. Got carried away by the challenge. Nice one
  • jm216
    Options
    So awesome! You all are rock stars :D 12334... What a great day. :)
  • Missy022014
    Missy022014 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'd love to participate! I'm a single mom of 2, I work a full time office job so getting 10,000 steps is always a challenge!

For those using a Fitbit we can become friends there too and create challenges!
  • FitPhillygirl
    Options
    My goal for today is 15000 steps and I'm already at 9400 mid day.