female. underweight. need to gain. suggestions???

Options
Hello I'm from California. Need help & motivation for weight gain. Not every one wants to be skinny. I have a fast metabolism and need suggestions to meet my goal of 120 lbs healthy. Thanks :)

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    How old are you and how tall?
  • SoccerGurl01
    SoccerGurl01 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 28. 5'4". Current weight 109
  • christinas_06
    christinas_06 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there! We are similar... I'm 26, 5'3", and around 114-116 nowadays. I miss my curves and want to get back to 120-125. I stopped working out and have gone back to tracking to make sure I eat over 2000 calories per day. What about you?
  • SoccerGurl01
    Options
    Current cal intake is 2100 and have been maintaining that for about 1-2wks but will be increasing to 2300-2500 when I start work outs. It's so frustrating because I'm so scared of losing weight.
  • MissMary75044
    MissMary75044 Posts: 517 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
  • terizius
    terizius Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    ^^ that first line was very important for me. Try to spread calories out evenly throughout the day. For me, that meant adding a snack or two between breakfast and lunch and a snack before bed.
  • bingfit221
    bingfit221 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Eat, eat, eat.

Just like they say in the bodybuilding world: "If you wanna be big, you have to eat big."
    (Not that you want to be big of course)
  • SoccerGurl01
    Options
    Thank you for all the suggestions. I really appreciate them. Whenever I tell ppl I'm trying to gain, they look at me like I'm crazy. Glad that some of you can relate and I not alone in this similar struggle :)
  • terizius
    Options
    ^^ Its a small group that is actively trying to gain weight. Just check out the traffic on the Gaining Weight thread vs the Others. That's why I spend most of my time here.
  • posionkiss
    posionkiss Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar boat. It takes no effort to lose weight and because of that I'm always on the low end of a healthy weight. I'm tracking to make sure that I don't skip meals because I don't 'feel' hungry. You're definitely not alone.
  • SoccerGurl01
    Options
    Poisonkiss yes that's the reason I first began tracking. I get so busy in my day that I forget or just don't get the chance to eat. I don't eat fast food. Thank u Poisonkiss
  • _crystalorgans
    Options
    I'm also tracking to make sure I don't skip meals because I don't "feel" hungry and still slowly gaining after having an eating problem due to high stress four years ago. I'm eating high calorie, protein , and at least 1,800 calories a day for now
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I track here mostly to ensure I get enough calories. My typical daily calorie requirement is 3,500 - 5,000 calories. Losing weight is easy but adding or keeping weight isn't that difficult. Bump the calories if you're dropping below your desired goal. It works.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    Almonds.
  • jhepstall
    jhepstall Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The struggle is real! I've just started my weight gain journey in hopes to gain a healthy 15-20 lbs. Which is FAR from easy.. But a great meal plan that fits your daily routine is key!
  • aimsr23
    aimsr23 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm with you all on this weight gain journey. It's a struggle. I just started a meal plan and find it hard to meet my calorie intake goal. I'm 5'5, 109 lbs. What do you meals include?
  • terizius
    Options
    I started taking a protein/weight gain shake as my first "meal" of the day, because I usually struggle to get AM calories. I also swapped out 1 or 2% milk for whole milk. Started adding cheese to everything. Larger portion sizes, more oil when cooking. It was also important for me to get at least one snack before lunch and one after, so that I don't get home from work with another 2000 calories to eat. Wine and/or ice cream for dessert. Just a few ideas that have worked for me. My diary is open if anyone wants to look.
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Get some nuts in your life =D
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, nuts, avocados, FOOD.
  • ctdelhart
    Options
    I'm 18 and with this app I was able to gain 9 pounds. I have low blood sugar so trying to maintain my weight is hard enough I now weigh 106. Hoping to weight 125