Just getting started looking for mutual support!

Options
I have been heavy all my life but in the last 3 years it has gotten out of control, i'm talking gaining 100+ pounds in 3 years. This last fall I became engaged to my best friend in the world! But I am terrified to plan our big day because i'm scared of not being able to get the dress I want or not having the energy to dance all night but especially I am horrified to see the hundreds of photos that will be taken that night. I am just getting started on this journey and know myself enough to know that I most likely will fall off the wagon around week 2 without a friend there for support and of course mutual support! So if anyone out there is going through something similar or just needs someone to help them through the journey I am here!

Replies

• saral555
    saral555 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am in a similar situation! I too am marrying my best friend in just 18 weeks. In total I would love to lose 50-60lbs. But for now hoping for at least 20lbs by August. I hope I am not being unrealistic. I have been only following MFP strictly for 5 Days, but I am down 6lbs already.
    You can do this! Let's try not to fall off the wagon ;)
  • sonjahartwell5
    Options
    Hi I am looking to lose about two stone. I have tried on and off but not been disciplined enough. Would gladly support you both to help you achieve your goals. Add me and let's do this together, I could do with the moral support too x
  • joeliet_dlv
    joeliet_dlv Posts: 3 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hello guys i have similar story too but i know nothing is impossible.. and we all can do it...

• plo4u
    plo4u Posts: 14 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I would like to be supportive. I have been married for almost 6 years and when i got married they had to let my dress out at the fitting and I was horrified. That's probably a brides worst nightmare so I understand what you guys are going through. My hubby's not doing this with me and is a bad influence so I could use some good support myself. I need to lose 30-40 lbs. Let's do this together!! P.S. My profile pic is a "portrait of mom" my son did at kindergarten. In case you were wondering. I know I would be! Lol!!
  • hallmark578
    hallmark578 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi my husband isnt trying to diet so I came on here and Im looking to lose atleast 50 lbs I am on a mission too its always hard to stay on the ball I agree but Im barely starting.... if we.all connect and motivate each other there is no stopping us
  • eafemily
    eafemily Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you you're all so great!
  • melbnz
    melbnz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose weight put on during treatment for cancer. Would love some friends here to keep me motivated.
  • plo4u
    plo4u Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi my husband isnt trying to diet so I came on here and Im looking to lose atleast 50 lbs I am on a mission too its always hard to stay on the ball I agree but Im barely starting.... if we.all connect and motivate each other there is no stopping us

My husband is not doing this with me either. It makes it harder for sure. Especially when he calls to ask if I want drive-thru and brings home ice cream constantly!!