New and needs help

Options
Hello everybody. I am a 42 year old wife and mother. I had gbs in 07 and lost 149 lbs I have gained 70 back. Please help... I had surgery on my foot in October and can't exercise at this time. I have to have another surgery within the next month then another later this year. I need to lose weight... Since I don't exercise do any if you have any helpful hints on low cal snacks and meals... I appreciate any and all help

Replies

• TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    My favorite low calorie snack is carrots. I have read as long as you track your calories in and they are less than your calories out you should lose weight. I also use light yogurt, protein bars, other fruits and vegetables between meals.
  • Les_B_FitNotFat
    Les_B_FitNotFat Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I always have a large bowl of sugar free jelly with fruit in it. So when I'm tempted to snack I can just stick my spoon in. I also make sure there fruit already prepared in the fridge so it's easy to grab. Planning and prep is the key for me
  • nancyjay__
    nancyjay__ Posts: 310 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hello! I'm kind of on the same boat. I had surgery yesterday and I can't workout for 6 weeks which is devastating when I used to weight train 6 days out of 7. My number one rule is try eating protein carbs and veggies with every meal. I input a potential meal on here (MFP) before I eat it and plan accordingly throughtout the day. I aso meal prep for the week! Try eating 4-6 meals a day which include snacks. Tilapia, ground turkey, chicken breast egg whites lean beef for proteins brown rice, quiona, potatos, sweet potatoes, bananas, apples, oatmeal for your carbs and all dark green veggies are good! Like kale, spinach, asparagus, brocolli and you need some fats try half an avocado a day plain yogurt natural peanut butter. Also depending on your daily cal intake just adjust.

For me for example my breakfast is One whole egg two or three egg whites, 1/3 plain oatmeal and a cup of spinach. For you your diet may not need to be so strict so there's protein pancakes! Omg they're awesome check them out. Nutrition and supplement shops sell pre-made protein pancake mix ☺

A reg meal would be 4-6 oz of your protein 1/2-1cup of your carbs and 1cup of your veggies. And the fats and yummy fruit can be your snacks like avocado with tuna or pb with apples.

Hope this helped!
    NJ
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody. I am a 42 year old wife and mother. I had gbs in 07 and lost 149 lbs I have gained 70 back. Please help... I had surgery on my foot in October and can't exercise at this time. I have to have another surgery within the next month then another later this year. I need to lose weight... Since I don't exercise do any if you have any helpful hints on low cal snacks and meals... I appreciate any and all help
    Hi
    I'm pretty new here, but I have a weakness and it's chocolate, lol. I snack on fudgicles (sugarfree)(40cal each) and I usually have 2. Only 80 calories so not bad.
  • DrWhoIsYerDad
    DrWhoIsYerDad Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Protein pancakes ???? off to Google I go !
  • nancyjay__
    nancyjay__ Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Protein pancakes ???? off to Google I go !

They are amazing! Enjoy! :D
  • DrWhoIsYerDad
    DrWhoIsYerDad Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    TY for the tip, been thinking about cranking my workouts up a notch and getting where I wanna go !
  • terpstje
    terpstje Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • lemmyhead
    lemmyhead Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Does your foot surgery mean you can't exercise your arms as well? You can still get your heart rate up with arm based exercises while you're recovering your foot from surgery.

Try this website for some ideas: http://darebee.com/workouts/superx-workout.html - this particular workout is "Perfect for: Anyone recovering from an injury or currently confined to a wheelchair."