Fat burners and hunger?

Options
So I've been taking cellucor super HD & Lipo 6 Black together just for that extra push since I've hit a plateau. It definitely curbs my appetite & I burn about 800-1000 calories during my workouts & I've even been eating over my calorie limit but ever since I started taking them I wake up in the middle of the night starving.. I eat a huge breakfast, normal sized lunch & dinner. I'm so confused, any advice?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    If you're waking up in the middle of the night, then your body is telling you that you're not consuming enough calories. Personally I don't eat breakfast and eat later into the night. Calories in/calories out matter and timing of meals have no effect on that for weight loss.
    Also there is no such thing as a "fat burner". The ingredients are stimulants and if you're taking them within a few hours of sleeping, then that may be another reason you're getting up late at night.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • taylorfrancis
    taylorfrancis Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I make sure I take them before 1 so that's not the problem, but it might be im not eating enough. But last night I had tons of protein after my workout thinking I'd be full (it was about 10 pm) and I was til about 12 am when I was trying to fall asleep, but ended up having a few bowls of cheerios... I was hoping maybe I needed some more carbs but I still woke up in the middle of the night starving.. I had about 2300 cals 60 grams of fat 250 grams of carbs & 150 grams of protein..
  • taylorfrancis
    Options
    Thanks for your help!
  • taylorfrancis
    Options
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    As the stimulants wear off, so do the hunger reducing effects.
  • taylorfrancis
    Options
    I know but what I'm saying is I've even increased cals and it still happens lol
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I may be off base here, but as I understand it stimulants throw off your hunger to the point of disrupting chemicals in your body that signal hunger. When the stimulants wear off, those chemicals will come along regardless of calories consumed.

As someone who had to take ADD meds for awhile (quite powerful stimulants on their own), even if I ate plenty while they were in effect, as soon as they wore off I was ready to devour a ton of food.
  • taylorfrancis
    Options
    That's crazy! Thanks for the help, I was just confused cause I'm pretty sure I ate enough. But I've been eating more bc of my high burning rate & I even increased my carbs, fats and proteins to see if it helps. I'm trying to cut so I don't like doing this kinda thing but if my body needs more food I'm gonna eat more
  • Galvin87
    Galvin87 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That's crazy! Thanks for the help, I was just confused cause I'm pretty sure I ate enough. But I've been eating more bc of my high burning rate & I even increased my carbs, fats and proteins to see if it helps. I'm trying to cut so I don't like doing this kinda thing but if my body needs more food I'm gonna eat more

I would continue to replenish the calories you're burning, that's essential. Maybe invest in a time release protein such as Casien this might help curb your hunger. From the sounds of it you're managing your diet good!

Good luck and hope this was helpful!

-galvin

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Galvin87 wrote: »

I would continue to replenish the calories you're burning, that's essential. Maybe invest in a time release protein such as Casien this might help curb your hunger. From the sounds of it you're managing your diet good!

Good luck and hope this was helpful!

-galvin

I can definitely vouch for the casein. I was having a regular protein shake with fast digesting proteins, and it never filled me up, and I was hungry again an hour later.
    I swapped to one with a decent level of casein which has definitely curbed my hunger and keeps me full for a good 3-4 + hours