April 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom Awesome job. I saw skippy on mile 10 as well and was a delight to see her cheer me on.

@SBRRepeat Thank you very much!
  • gabbo34
    gabbo34 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom - Great job on your first HM!!!!!

@SonicDeathMonkey80 - love it, and easy HM....you are my running hero!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Congratulations on the HM's @skippygirlsmom @Stoshew71 ! I'm planing my first in October.
  • Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Held off on my run yesterday as the ball of my right foot was a bit tender due to some narrow bike shoes. Glad I took the extra day off as it made tonight's 20 miler feel easy - even doing the last 5 miles at marathon pace in sauna like conditions (80 degrees, 75% humidity). Migrating back to the cooler northeast tomorrow as baseball season resumes.

4/1 - 8 miles
    4/2 - 5 miles
    4/4 - 8 miles
    4/5 - 20 miles
    4/7 - 5 miles
    4/8 - 8 miles
    4/9 - 5 miles
    4/12 - 20 miles (3/1 run)

Total: 79 miles
    Goal: 145 miles
    Remaining: 66 miles
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    April Goal 60 miles

4/1: unplanned and unwelcome rest
    4/2: planned rest
    4/3: 3.43
    4/4: 4.44 (no, I didn't plan that.....)
    4/5: work and church and company for dinner...oh my
    4/6: 4.15
    4/7 snorkel 2.5 hrs
    4/8 3.20
    4/9 3.67
    4/10 rest
    4/11 3.86
    4/12 3.29

Total 26.04
    (Ticker is my goal for 2015 and accumulation to date)

exercise.png

@SonicDeathMonkey80 and @skippygirlsmom ...we need a "like" button!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,407 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom - Congratulations! WhooHoo - you were awesome and I love the pictures!
    @SonicDeathMonkey80 - So great that you and your girlfriend can race together! Great picture!
    @Stoshew71 - Congratulations on your half too! Great time and pace!!

Congratulations to anyone else racing this weekend that I missed!

@gabbo34 - take care of your family and yourself!

@4leighbee - Ouch!! Sounds so painful! I would try RICE first for a few days and see how it does. I am terrible about going to the doctor and will try pretty much everything first and then I go to the sports chiropractor and only to the ortho as a last resort.

No run for me today - had a lovely morning walk on the beach! The tide was out and it was perfect for running but after the hills and trails yesterday I needed a rest day. Here's a shot up the beach - it was so clear we could see Catalina, the Long Beach skyline and the Palos Verdes peninsula

jq148sykai89.jpg
  • rnjcb
    rnjcb Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options

exercise.png

• FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    @Stoshew71- great pace on your half
    @skippygirlsmom Congrats on your first Half!!!!
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @stowshew71 - WOW! What an amazing time! Congrats! Love the pictures.
    @shanaber - beautiful pictures. I miss CA!
    @ohhim - I get more injuries from my biking than running! Are you in Florida? It is so humid already - today they said it will feel like 101 degrees in Orlando. :# I shouldn't complain because the winter was nice but gosh can't we have a little spring!

April 1 - rest
    April 2- 6.01 miles
    April 3- 5.15 miles
    April 4 - 34 mile bike ride
    April 5 - 20 mile bike ride - hilly ride.
    April 6 - 6.01 miles
    April 7 - Weight Training
    April 8 - 4.89
    April 9 - 6.02
    April 10 - 5.03
    April 11 - 34 mile bike ride
    April 12 - 40 mile bike ride
    April 13 - 4.25 miles - set the alarm for earlier than normal which backfired. Then overslept! So I had to quickly get dressed and realized I wouldn't get the 5 in I was planning on. What's really weird is usually I run each mile at 10-10:30. Today miles 3 and 4 were at 9:30 and under!

exercise.png
  • akirkman86
    akirkman86 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    So behind on this thread... but it makes me SO mad when people don't have their dogs on leashes. It's the law for a reason.

4/1 = rest
    4/2 = 5.32 miles
    4/3 = rest
    4/4 = 8.51 miles
    4/5 = 2.33 miles
    4/6 = rest (walked)
    4/7 = 6.11 miles
    4/8 = 4.01 miles
    4/9 = rest
    4/10 = 4.02 miles
    4/11 = rest
    4/12 = 8.01 miles

Spent a lot of time R&R-ing on vacay this week, but still got a few runs in... back to the grint now that spring break is over :-(

exercise.png

• Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    4/1 - 3.8 miles (trail)
    4/4 - 11 miles
    4/5 - 3 miles
    4/7 - 5 miles
    4/8 - 3 miles
    4/9 - 7 miles (speedwork)
    4/11 - 12 miles
    4/12 - 3 miles

exercise.png
  • italysharon
    italysharon Posts: 195 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    April 1: 4.14
    April 2: 5.01
    April 3: nada nada mermalada
    April 4: 6.12
    April 5: 3.29
    April 6: 5.26
    April 7: 1.5 & Pump
    April 8: nothing
    April 9: 1.5 & Pump
    April 10: 6 miles outside
    April 11: nothing
    April 12: 7 miles outside

exercise.png
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    01-Apr - 4.24 miles (dreadmill)
    02-Apr - 2.15 miles (C25K - Week 1)
    03-Apr - 2.45 miles (walk)
    04-Apr - 3.20 miles (C25K - Week 1 plus some)
    05-Apr - 7.06 miles (walk)
    06-Apr - 2.15 miles (C25K - Week 1 carried over), 2.13 miles (walk)
    07-Apr - 2.13 miles (walk), 3.41 miles (walk)
    08-Apr - 2.15 miles (C25K - Week 1), 2.23 miles (walk)
    09-Apr - 2.19 miles (walk), 2.22 miles (walk)
    10-Apr - 3.15 miles (C25K - Week 1), 3.61 miles (walk)
    11-Apr - 2.16 miles (C25K - Week 1), 3.32 miles (walk)
    12-Apr - rest

exercise.png
  • SBRRepeat
    SBRRepeat Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    akirkman86 wrote: »
    So behind on this thread... but it makes me SO mad when people don't have their dogs on leashes. It's the law for a reason.

I'll help resurrect this topic, too.

Yesterday, some girl had her retriever off leash on a very very busy section of the local bike path. She wasn't paying any attention to it and it ran right in front of a passing bike, came within inches of causing an accident that could have seriously hurt both parties. She just said "oh sorry" and kept walking, didn't even attempt to get the dog under control. I stopped my bike and told her to put the dog back on its leash because she was going to hurt someone. Imagine if that cyclist had been a young kid, rather than a grown man who knew what he was doing?!
    People are so dumb sometimes.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    SBRRepeat wrote: »

Yesterday, some girl had her retriever off leash on a very very busy section of the local bike path. She wasn't paying any attention to it and it ran right in front of a passing bike, came within inches of causing an accident that could have seriously hurt both parties. She just said "oh sorry" and kept walking, didn't even attempt to get the dog under control. I stopped my bike and told her to put the dog back on its leash because she was going to hurt someone. Imagine if that cyclist had been a young kid, rather than a grown man who knew what he was doing?!

You know- I find myself wondering (regularly) can people be that dumb???

Then you know- the human species is mighty impressive- and ingenuity- because damned if you don't know it- they go and prove me wrong- and do something even DUMBER.
  • italysharon
    italysharon Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    @gabbo34 Hope all is now well, or at least getting better, with the family.

@akirkman86 …looks like a dog beach to me. We had one in Coronado, CA where we lived at one time. The dogs loved playing in the waves ;-)

I'm loving these race photos! @skippygirlsmom … doesn't it really just give you a second wind of happiness when you see your kids watching you!?

Congrats to all the racers this past weekend :-)
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

Then you know- the human species is mighty impressive- and ingenuity- because damned if you don't know it- they go and prove me wrong- and do something even DUMBER.

What's really bad is the dog on a long leash and the owner is absorbed in his/her phone and let's the dog launch at you. Then I'm expected to be civil?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »

What's really bad is the dog on a long leash and the owner is absorbed in his/her phone and let's the dog launch at you. Then I'm expected to be civil?

try being on a horse with someone who behaves that way- now you have a 1,000 pound animal having a complete and utter fit and someone else who is contributing to the problem with no gorram clue at all. it's pretty epic-ally special. I get real 'uncivil' real quick.
  • SBRRepeat
    SBRRepeat Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »

I love people like this, especially when I'm cycling and they're on one side of the trail and the dog is on the other. Who doesn't love being clotheslined by a St. Bernard every now and then?
    Good times.

And Jo- we used to trail ride through a local park where the trail was clearly marked "horses only"- not even a mixed use trail. Can't even tell you how many times I had an off leash dog spook the horses. Some of the owners even had the audacity to tell us we weren't supposed to be there. Like, what do you think a horse is, pal?