Ummm...hi.

Options
Hi everyone. :) I'm Christina and I need to lose weight. "Hi Christina!".

I just started using this site five days ago at the prodding of a Facebook group I'm on and I have to say, it's the easiest one I've found to track my progress. I stupidly entered my starting weight incorrectly as I actually started my weigh-in day last Monday so MFP only shows me as having lost 1.2lbs this week when actually, it's 3.2!

I'm a mom to two busy kids, an almost 15 year old daughter and a 12 year old son. I joke that I'm just trying to lose the baby weight but that is only appropriate when your kids are toddlers..not teenagers. ;) I'm also a newlywed to my longtime love (12 years together this August). We just got married last October and while I haven't gained a ton since then, I have gained and it's freaking me out that it's true what they say...it IS harder to lose weight as you get older. I'll be 41 in June and totally scared that I can't achieve my goal.

Speaking of my goal:

I'm looking to lose about 70 pounds to get me down to around 137 or so...I'm only 5'3" so hopefully I'll get below that but it's a starting goal anyway.

Looking forward to the support here and hope to learn a lot along the way!

Replies

• DanaW13
    DanaW13 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi Christina, welcome! I have two young kids--almost 3 and almost 5. I'm going to have to stop calling it "baby weight" soon I guess! I'm realizing that weight control is going to be a lifelong challenge, but one worth taking on. I am trying to Los 15 - 20 pounds. Best of luck to us both!
  • akgeenaminto
    akgeenaminto Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 50 so know how hard it is to lose as i get older but lost 100 through changing diet and excersize. Just log what you put in your mouth. Weigh it and keep track and you will lose. Best wishes
  • MissusSpags
    MissusSpags Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    DanaW13 wrote: »
    Hi Christina, welcome! I have two young kids--almost 3 and almost 5. I'm going to have to stop calling it "baby weight" soon I guess! I'm realizing that weight control is going to be a lifelong challenge, but one worth taking on. I am trying to Los 15 - 20 pounds. Best of luck to us both!

Thanks Dana! My kids are my main motivation for losing this weight, once and for all. I want to be healthy and to be happy and smiling in pictures with them. They deserve that..and I do too!

Hi I'm 50 so know how hard it is to lose as i get older but lost 100 through changing diet and excersize. Just log what you put in your mouth. Weigh it and keep track and you will lose. Best wishes

You're an inspiration! I've definitely been trying to log everything that I'm inhaling, errrr..eating. It's eye-opening to say the least when I realize how much fat/carbs I've consumed during the day.

Thanks!! :)