Long Hair Ladies Question

Options
Hey Long Hair Ladies,

Do you have separate hair ties for working out and normal activities. I took mine out yesterday and looked at it in all it's sweaty glory and realized I had been using it for everything for about 2 weeks.

Replies

• 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I use scrunchies rather than hair ties and throw them in with the laundry at week's end. You could just wash yours in the sink.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I have hair ties all over the house, in the garage, in every vehicle, in my purse and other regularly used bags. I just grab whatever is handy.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Nope. But my daily activities are also of the sort that generally include a lot of sweating. If I am not active I leave my hair down. It is about waist length.
  • Missy022014
    Missy022014 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have different ones. When I get home and shower I don't want the sweaty one to go back in my clean hair!
  • mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    I have a small laundry bag that I wash my hrm chest strap and my hair scrunchies in. I wash them 2x's a week.
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I have cats; I'm not sure the last time I got to use the same hair elastic twice. haha
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    No. I think it's a victory if I can even find one. And mine doesn't get sweaty.
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    P.S: I basically only use my scrunchies for exercise or a top-of-head ponytail for sleep. For daily styles, I use bobby pins, hair sticks, or hair forks. My hair is tailbone length.
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I tend to use the same ones, but when the hairtie isn't in my hair, it's on my wrist. so it gets washed when I take a shower or even wash my hands sometimes.
  • katalinax87
    katalinax87 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I've never even thought about it. Feel a bit gross now!
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    @kika_mckee yes, I use elastic ones from Sephora. 6f3szt76ntgg.jpg
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I do a topknot for working out. My scalp never sweats enough at the top back of my head.

If you're wearing your hair down and low like in a braid that gets neck sweat, maybe use those disposable "100 pack" elastics?
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I have cats; I'm not sure the last time I got to use the same hair elastic twice. haha

this is me exactly.... some girls get to use hair ties twice?!!!???
  • Mythril
    Mythril Posts: 146 Member
    Options

Yeah. I have seven cats. Hair ties are either closely guarded or lost. I buy the large packs and go through them.

What I want to know is where THE HECK do they go? Am I going to move a piece of furniture and find that underneath of it is a hair tie mountain? Although I clean under the couch and the bed regularly, so idk where else they could go.
  • lexbubbles
    lexbubbles Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    aerochic42 wrote: »
    I tend to use the same ones, but when the hairtie isn't in my hair, it's on my wrist. so it gets washed when I take a shower or even wash my hands sometimes.

Yeah, this.
  • fitnesia
    fitnesia Posts: 21
    Options
    I wash my scrunchies
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I don't put my hair up during my daily activities. I actually don't even put it up in a ponytail when I run - I just wear a headband. Those go in the washing machine every once in a while. I keep a collection of hair ties in my car for the gym; it's never occurred to me to wash them.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I just keep losing them... I just get a bunch from the dollar store... but when I'm lucky and while they don't get lost, it stays on my wrist when I'm not using it... don't really switch them for different activities, never really thought about doing so. :shrugs:
  • Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    kika_mckee wrote: »
    Hey Long Hair Ladies,

Do you have separate hair ties for working out and normal activities. I took mine out yesterday and looked at it in all it's sweaty glory and realized I had been using it for everything for about 2 weeks.
    I use bands, not scrunchies, they don't seem to get dirty.
    Just do braids as though you were going to wear two braids. Put bands at the bottom of each braid.
    Then put the two braids in a low pony (for this I use one of those elastic hair bands that you can make yourself).
    I find this divides the weight of the hair, and it usually ends up riding on the side of my head at the neck comfortably, unless I need to move it to the back. I can lift or run or bike in this configuration.

• superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I let them dry out but that is it. They usually end up in my gym bag since my hair is wet when I leave and I'm not about to deal with that mess. They stretch out so fast and become worthless, that I don't worry about washing them.