Csection

Options
i have had two c sections most recent 3 months ago! I hear that it's hard to lose the weight on your belly due to the scar. Any help or tips?

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    It's not any harder than it is for anyone else to lose belly fat. Which for most is the last to go. However with the scar, you might need to get to a lower BF% before your happy with the way that area looks. You should consider reading the "So you want a nice stomach" thread (it is at the top of General Diet and Weight loss Section.

Anyway, here's a Nov 2014 to now comparison for you:

b3ydl0zjb9v8.jpg

I've had 2 c-sections and also had a BMI around 44 after my first c-section. I will probably have loose skin when I get to where I want to be, but that's okay. It's also most likely from being really obese and not the c-section itself.
  • tiffbeckett336
    tiffbeckett336 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I think that's why it's taking me so long to commit to losing weight cause I just made that an excuse! But no longer will it be one! This was starting out 3/30/15brgqo4og7c0c.jpg
    3sslt2sy5v6d.jpg
  • tiffbeckett336
    Options
    My stretch marks are horrible! Give me a sec and I will post a know pic I haven't even taking one since I started two weeks ago
  • tiffbeckett336
    Options
    From 3/31 to now
    8xwljhs1d9bb.jpg
    0e6i8169ew9s.jpg
  • shadow2soul
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It's not any harder than it is for anyone else to lose belly fat. Which for most is the last to go. However with the scar, you might need to get to a lower BF% before your happy with the way that area looks. You should consider reading the "So you want a nice stomach" thread (it is at the top of General Diet and Weight loss Section.

b3ydl0zjb9v8.jpg

I've had 2 c-sections and also had a BMI around 44 after my first c-section. I will probably have loose skin when I get to where I want to be, but that's okay. It's also most likely from being really obese and not the c-section itself.

And here is an even older picture of my stomach: April 22, 2013

vj1sg67bk6h8.jpg
  • tiffbeckett336
    Options
    You have done great!
  • shadow2soul
    Options
    From 3/31 to now
    8xwljhs1d9bb.jpg
    0e6i8169ew9s.jpg

There is already improvement. Keep going.
  • tiffbeckett336
    Options
    Thank you! Looks like my stretch marks are even getting a little bit better
  • LaColombianaV
    LaColombianaV Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think you are doing a great job! I just started dieting and exercising as well and I also have had two c sections ;)
  • jiigglybutt
    jiigglybutt Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I LOVE seeing these tummies because this is not that popular of a subject. I've had 3 c sections and my stomach is just uuugghh. Thanks for sharing! You are doing great!!
  • ChristaNorris
    ChristaNorris Posts: 52 Member
    Options

b3ydl0zjb9v8.jpg

You gave me hope. Thank you! I've had 3 csections in 5 years, the most recent being 6 months ago. My BMI at delivery was 39.8. I've since dropped almost 37lbs, but don't feel any better about myself.
  • tiffbeckett336
    Options
    Thank all of yall for yall encouraging words and stories we can all do this together!
  • Mandea0321
    Mandea0321 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I think it might depend on the type of c-section you had. I will always have a "front butt" because I had a classical c-section (the one that goes from above the belly button to just above the pubic region.)
  • jenhill76
    jenhill76 Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm so glad someone else posted about this. My stomach is HORRID from having 3 c's. Unbelievable what that does to your stomach :( You ladies inspire me! I don't feel so alone now in this journey.
  • tiffbeckett336
    Options
    Your definitely not alone! It was all worth every mark but it's time to get our fit on now! :)
  • teegoods38
    teegoods38 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have had 3 c's , lost a total of 46lbs using this site and adding some excercise 3 times a week. I can say my stomach has gone down tremedously, but I have a ways to go with toning it up . The pouch is stilll there but much smaller.
  • rwcw89
    rwcw89 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    cjzgyknwawgk.jpg
    Don't just diet , u need to work the abs. I'm in love with t25 workouts very mommy friendly . This was alpha round ( I didn't take a beginning pic. But pot delivery I was over 175. With my tummy hanging to my legs overlapping my girl parts . I was embarrassed wouldn't even take my shirt off in front of my husband. I started this year weighing 167 (im5'0) last weigh in 2weeks ago was 153 (started t25 at 159) . I didn't think I would make progress but the pics don't lie. It takes sweat and tears and determination but it is possible to get ur stomach somewhat back to "normal" . I gained 45 lbs delivered at almost 200lbs .
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I have had 4 kids total (2 c-sections 1999, 2009):

563c60973703048cbcaaab3ef3beb3c9fe7e.jpg
  • tiffbeckett336
    Options
    rwcw89 wrote: »
    cjzgyknwawgk.jpg
    Don't just diet , u need to work the abs. I'm in love with t25 workouts very mommy friendly . This was alpha round ( I didn't take a beginning pic. But pot delivery I was over 175. With my tummy hanging to my legs overlapping my girl parts . I was embarrassed wouldn't even take my shirt off in front of my husband. I started this year weighing 167 (im5'0) last weigh in 2weeks ago was 153 (started t25 at 159) . I didn't think I would make progress but the pics don't lie. It takes sweat and tears and determination but it is possible to get ur stomach somewhat back to "normal" . I gained 45 lbs delivered at almost 200lbs .
    What is t25?
  • tiffbeckett336
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    I have had 4 kids total (2 c-sections 1999, 2009):

563c60973703048cbcaaab3ef3beb3c9fe7e.jpg

You look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!