Options
2»

Replies

• Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Ameengyrl wrote: »
    Need some motivation and some ideas for starting off the week right!

So far today-
    oats, cooked in water, with brown sugar
    stir fry with pork tenderloin, frozen and fresh veggies/mushrooms, olive oil and soy sauce. Cantaloupe

Supper will be a baked potato (baked with olive oil), topped with seasoned ground beef, veggies, cheese and salsa-it's a surprisingly good combo!

And then maybe some seasoned peanuts later one if I'm feeling hungry.

• AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I had first and second breakfast today because of an early start lol. First breakfast was a whole wheat english muffin with a turkey sausage patty, poached egg, ultra thin slice of cheddar and dab of hot sauce. Second breakfast was a turkey patty with 1 tablespoon bbq sauce, baked red potato with diced onion, serrano and plain yogurt

Mahi seasoned with Old Bay seasoning and a vegetable medley on the side consisting of zucchini, cauliflower, broccoli, onion, and sweet mini peppers for lunch - that's all steaming in parchment packets in my bamboo steamer right now and smells delicious.

Dinner will be chicken breast stuffed with marinated artichoke hearts and sun dried tomatoes also maybe a little parmesan, then some asparagus roasted with garlic and either a little pasta with olive oil, garlic and red pepper flake or a sweet potato with serrano peppers and plain yogurt.

Snack so far is an apple. Will probably find something carby for another snack to make sure I'm not too low there.
  • Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Tuna burger on a whole wheat bun with baked sweet potato chips and green beans.
  • captivatedlife
    captivatedlife Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm eating my low calorie lunch: 2 oz spinach, 4 oz of chicken, and 1 tsp lemon juice. Next time, I will double the spinach because eating it cooked shrunk it so much! (duh - but tell that to my brain in the morning....). Breakfast was 1 slice whole grain toast with 2 Tbs cream cheese and a latte. snack is yogurt greek yogurt with 1 tsp jam and 1 oz sunflower seeds. Dinner is eggs with butter and toast. I went to a conference and ate, and ate, and ate....

Everything is actually OK- tasty - but not for more than this week of getting back on track. Just saying....
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Ameengyrl wrote: »
    Need some motivation and some ideas for starting off the week right!

I love these topics! Thanks OP
    It's cold and wet out, so I got some turnips, butternut squash, 1 small potato, celery and onion, saved turkey stock, jalapeno, red pepper flakes, cumin, curry powder. I want to make a hot and spicy thick soup! I'm going to try to input it into "recipe builder" by adding in all the ingredients weighed out separately, then divide by 8 ounce cups. I have yet to do this right. grrrrr. But I will do this manually on paper, cuzzzz YUMMMERS. I've made it before, soooo good. Will probably have it with grilled chicken breast and garlic green beans. I can't have squat till i get my first workout in, so I got to get my *kitten* of this MFP and get that down..... "me procrastinating" I love talkin' food stuffs :love:

• higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Crockpot chicken and rice (with corn and cheese) with a salad as a side

Breakfast I made scrambled eggs with onions, bacon and green pepper and put it in a pita pocket

For lunch I had a orange, raisin bread with some butter and a bowl of veggies with hummus dip.

I'll have some cottage cheese with pineapple at some point and of course a after dinner snack Of apple crisp and vanilla ice cream
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    sperouty wrote: »
    Day One Clean Eating Challenge

Breakfast
    Turkey Bacon Breakfast Sandwich
    1 slice low fat turkey bacon
    1 scrambled or poached egg
    1 slice of tomato
    2 slices of whole wheat toast

Snack #1
    1 Banana
    7 Walnuts

Lunch
    Tuna Salad
    3 cups mixed greens
    4 oz. water packed tuna, drained
    5 cherry tomatoes
    1 stalk celery, chopped
    3 scallions, diced
    2 table spoons of fat free ranch dressing

Snack #2
    1 Apple
    1 table spoon of peanut butter or almond butter

Dinner
    Honey Dijon Chicken with Steamed Garlic Parmesan Broccoli, makes 4 servings
    4 6 oz. chicken breast, halves
    1/3 cup Dijon mustard
    3 table spoons of honey
    1 table spoon of parsley flakes
    Salt to taste
    4 cups broccoli
    4 table spoons of parmesan cheese
    1 table spoon of olive oil
    Garlic to taste

Mix mustard with honey, add parsley flakes, and salt. Coat chicken in mixture. Cook on grill for approximately 7 minutes or until fully cooked. You can also bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until fully cooked. Steam broccoli and top with olive oil, garlic, salt, and parmesan.

Day 1 Nutrient Count
    Calories: 1,183
    Fat: 41 grams
    Protein: 107 grams
    Carbs: 101 grams
    Fiber: 16.5 grams

fat free dressing and turkey bacon are "clean"?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Today is a really busy day with little time to cook. Lunch was yogurt and Bran Buds. Not really sure about dinner. I have some leftover roasted chicken, so maybe a chicken and bean burrito.
  • jky2000
    jky2000 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are all inspiring me.

I ate too many sweets this weekend and am determined to have a healthy day today.

Breakfast was oatmeal made with unsweetened almond milk and a handful of blueberries.
    Lunch was a giant bed of spinach with 1 hard boiled egg, some herbed goat cheese, a roasted beet and a dressing of olive oil and balsamic.
    Dinner will be homemade chicken curry with basmati rice and a side of bok choy.

After dinner is my worst time so I bought some peppermint tea today and will have that after dinner to see if that satisfies the cravings for sugar that I get at night.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats and decaf with half and half for breakfast.
    Salad of: spring mix, canned tuna, cauliflower and cabbage with chipotle honey dressing for lunch
    Chicken piccata and mushrooms over pasta for dinner.
  • michmill98_1
    michmill98_1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: plain greek yogurt with some berries and a handful of chocolate granola
    Lunch: leftover chicken stirfry with rice and half of a Lindt dark chocolate bar
    Supper: trying Michael Symon's Braised Chicken Thighs with Spicy Kale tonight (from his Carnivore cookbook)
  • jaynalawayna
    jaynalawayna Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    for today:
    Breakfast: 1 poached egg, 2 slices turkey bacon, 1 slice Russian Rye bread toasted with butter, tea
    Mid-Morning snack:1/2 Fuji apple, 1 Nature Valley Nut Crisp bar
    Lunch: home made vegetable bean soup with 1/4 leftover cheese tortellini, 1 celery rib with 1 teaspoons hummus, 1 carrot stick, 5 cucumber slices, 1/3 cup bell pepper sticks
    Mid-Day snack: 1/2 Fuji Apple, Fiber One 90 calorie bar (chocolate, caramel, & pretzel)
    Dinner: 4 oz baked Atlantic Salmon, 1 cup steamed asparagus, 1 tablespoon light mayo
    bedtime snack: Fiber One protein bar, tea
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: plain greek yogurt with some berries and a handful of chocolate granola
    Lunch: leftover chicken stirfry with rice and half of a Lindt dark chocolate bar
    Supper: trying Michael Symon's Braised Chicken Thighs with Spicy Kale tonight (from his Carnivore cookbook)

Thanks for that! I just printed out the Supper recipe for tomorrow!
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    So far breakfast was a Nature Valley Protien granola bar, and two large mugs of coffee. First lunch was a low carb wrap with 80g turkey breast and a slice of peper jack cheese, ate early because my usually breakfast was not enough today. Second lunch was a quesadilla made with a low carb wrap, 60 grams of left over pork chop, and 28 grams of shredded cheese ( tasted way better than I thought it would, usually the wraps make terrible quesadillas) and left over coffee chilled with a splash of milk. Dinner will probably be frozen pizza. And I have enough calories left over for a nice snack or adult beverage after I put the kids to bed
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Meatless Monday today. I have a ton of veggies in the fridge so I'll probably make tofu stir-fry for dinner and serve it up with some whole wheat pasta and some cheese.
  • michmill98_1
    michmill98_1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    @kpk54 - I'll probably make some tweaks to it just because I'm feeling lazy and don't feel like going to the local over-priced, small town grocery store after I get done working as I discovered that I don't have crushed tomatoes in the pantry (have every other type of canned tomato product) and I forgot to buy a jalapeno. Since I'm cutting the recipe by a third, I'll probably sub in a can of rotel for the crushed tomatoes and add a can of hatch green chiles for more spice. Hopefully it turns out as good as it sounds!

Your supper of chicken piccata reminds me that I haven't made that in a long time and I have several lemons and a large jar of capers on hand (thanks to the Costco run this weekend).
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Cardio and weights right after work so dinner afterward will be Honey Bunches of Oats (need my iron fix) with unsweetened Almond Milk, and a tomato sandwich (Arnold's Sandwich Thin with light mayo). 100 cal bag of kettle corn later for a snack with 16 oz. of Tropicana 50 OJ.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I had an egg and 3 egg whites scrambled over 85 grams of pinto beans and topped with green Hatch Green Chile.

Lunch is just a hodgepodge of leftover food from the weekend...some cod, chiptole slaw, bean sprouts, half an avocado, and a little honeydew, cucumber, dill, and feta salad. I threw the fish in with the slaw and bean sprouts and made an interesting cold salad...I pretty much always have 1/2 an avocado and the honeydew salad is something I made for our cook out Saturday night and it's awesome.

Dinner tonight is salmon fillets with sour cream and chive baked potato and broccoli.