Any Crossfitters out there would like to be friends??

Options
Hi I am looking for friends with an interest in crossfit, I have only been doing it for 4 months now and would like some friends who can help, motivate and swop ideas on nutrition.

Thank you please add me if you would like to friends.

Replies

• Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Omgosh I love Crossfit! I have been a member for 1yr! But, I had to take the last 9 weeks off due to some surgery. But I went back on Friday, and today. I love it!
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I have a few questions about crossfit if anyone is willing to help me out :) How does crossfit differ from tabata? Can you do crossfit at home? I live in a tiny rural area and our gym has like 3 treadmills, an elliptical and some free weights and only offers a zumba class once a week.
  • vls519
    vls519 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me! I love Crossfit! I started 2 yrs ago but I've been out of the box for the last 3 months due to health issues and surgery. I have one week until I can get back to it and I can not wait!
  • Angimom
    Options
    LOL. At crossfit we do the tabata workout sometimes in our WODS (workout of the day). So in a crossfit gym generally we have 20-30 min working on a strength exercise, like deadlifts, bench press, back squats etc.. then we have 10 min of a strength accessory if there is time where you work on things like learning how to climb the rope, weighted dips or learning the right method for pull ups, etc. Then we have a WOD. It last somewhere between 7-40 minutes. I think you can look up WODS online if you don't have a crossfit box near you. I hope that helps a little.
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Angimom
    Options
    vls519 wrote: »
    Me! I love Crossfit! I started 2 yrs ago but I've been out of the box for the last 3 months due to health issues and surgery. I have one week until I can get back to it and I can not wait!

After my surgery I could not wait to go back!

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Welcome! There is a group for crossfitters, if you're interested: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/99-crossfit-love.

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I have a few questions about crossfit if anyone is willing to help me out :) How does crossfit differ from tabata? Can you do crossfit at home? I live in a tiny rural area and our gym has like 3 treadmills, an elliptical and some free weights and only offers a zumba class once a week.

Tabata is a style of workout with specific work/rest intervals. Crossfit is a multi-disciplinary program (weights, bodyweight, gymnastics, Olympic lifts, etc.). A crossfit workout can be done with minimal equipment, but you usually need these (barbell, kettle bells, medicine ball, pull up bar, jump rope). You can scale/or adapt other movements if you lack the equipment. Check out crossfit.com for their workout of the day (WOD).

• beesingh
    beesingh Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you Allan!