Temptation at work

Options
2»

Replies

• gdljjj
    gdljjj Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Did you ever see that show Hoarders? I imagine all my co-workers having houses like that whenever there is a potluck. It kills my appetite pretty quickly lol.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    One day I want this kind of post to be about sexy coworkers.

Then make one!
  • wathjo1
    wathjo1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    LOL Sorry, no temptation at all in my place of work as far as co-workers go. :cry:
  • akgeenaminto
    akgeenaminto Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    They always buy those gross doughnuts at my work. I remember back in the day eating that stuff..ewww. i know how long I'd have to work to burn it and not worth it
  • wathjo1
    wathjo1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I can pass up doughnuts all day long. Chips and dip, on the other hand...
  • jetortola
    jetortola Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You are doing FANTASTIC avoiding it. Good on you!
  • bibliocephalus
    bibliocephalus Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can get in a good walk during lunch? The cookie/cupcake/donut/party left-overs area is literally in arm's reach of my cubicle. It's deadly...
  • cstevenson86
    cstevenson86 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I completely understand the struggle! I work at a Country Club. Employee Meal is served between 10:30 and 11:00am...it's always fried food, pasta, cheese etc. Also, there's always bread and cookies readily available that you can grab when you're in there. Then throw in the monthly Birthday Club Celebration where there's always a delicious cake...sigh.

It's hard. I know.

You're doing great though passing up the temptation! It's all about staying distracted, drinking lots of water and always having healthy snacks readily available. I bring my lunch so I don't have to go in the kitchen anymore...I also always have healthy snacks available in my desk drawer...and I drink at minimum ten bottles of water a day.

It will get easier.

Good luck to you on your journey!