gaining not losing!

Options
Please help! II've been being really good logging all my food and drinks down ssince15th march. I try hard to eat at least 1000 calories a day and exercise daily. I've gained 11lb and don't know why. I'm now 3 stone heavier from what I was in June last year. Its soul destroying. I drink plenty of water. Any advice please

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    If you open your diary, you may get some helpful advice. This sounds like it may be a logging issue (that is, you may be eating more than you think).
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    jodoardo wrote: »
    Please help! II've been being really good logging all my food and drinks down ssince15th march. I try hard to eat at least 1000 calories a day and exercise daily. I've gained 11lb and don't know why. I'm now 3 stone heavier from what I was in June last year. Its soul destroying. I drink plenty of water. Any advice please

Um, Wut?

Ya, you need to open your diary.
  • kriegmeister
    kriegmeister Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yeah, there are too many variables to consider (sodium, macros, age, exercise, etc.)
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Troll alert.
  • jodoardo
    jodoardo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. Will look through diary and maybe lessen my calorie intake a bit more. Have just installed a drink water app see if it might help
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. Will look through diary and maybe lessen my calorie intake a bit more. Have just installed a drink water app see if it might help

1000 is already lower than recommended, so you shouldn't drop it. Instead, look at your logging and make sure you enter EVERYTHING accurately.
  • jodoardo
    Options
    Thank you. I'm good at logging stuff but maybe will double check the actual suggested info to that of the actual products. Many thanks
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Can you try eating some portion control meals to ensure you are logging properly? 1000 calories is not very much.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Drinking more water isn't going to make you lose weight. Don't lower your calorie goal, 1000 is too low already unless you are about 4'6" and tiny boned.

If you are gaining weight then you are eating more calories than your body is burning on average. It's almost always as simple as that.

Are you honestly logging everything you eat and drink? Are you weighing the food you do eat and measuring liquids? If you aren't using a kitchen scale, buy one and use it to weigh your food portions. Measuring cups provide a small amount of accuracy for solid foods but not like weighing. You'd be surprised how much of a difference there can be in two different cups of the same food if cut differently. Also how far off serving sizes can be from the package information.
  • jodoardo
    Options
    Just an update. I know I had an underactive thyroid and that makes it difficult to lose weight. It's not as simple as burn off a lot of calories. I've been upgraded to hashimotos disease and finally on the right meds and am losing a bit of weight after 41days. Still determined to at least get back to my pre MFP weight.Keep going everyone, wwe'll all reach our goals at some point regardless of what life throws at us :sweat_smile::)
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Just an update. I know I had an underactive thyroid and that makes it difficult to lose weight. It's not as simple as burn off a lot of calories. I've been upgraded to hashimotos disease and finally on the right meds and am losing a bit of weight after 41days. Still determined to at least get back to my pre MFP weight.Keep going everyone, wwe'll all reach our goals at some point regardless of what life throws at us :sweat_smile::)
    That's great that you've got things figured out! I had a cousin who had Hashimoto's so I understand your predicament. I hope you find the success you're seeking!