Calorie intake

Options
Hello,

My name is Paola and I have been researching for the right calorie intake to lose weight, but every calorie calculator tells me a different digit. And I just want to make sure I get the substantial amount of calorie to feel satisfied and also lose weight. Right now I am consuming 1,450 calories per day, and I feel fine. I have logged for about 1 week and lost less than 1 lb.

I am 5'3
137 lbs
And although I workout 4-5 a week, I would rather calculate it as if I don't workout, so that could count as extra calories burned.

Thanks for any advice :)

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Every calorie calculator is based on estimates, so none of them are going to be 100% correct. The important thing is to stick with one consistently for a little while and adjust based on your own results.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    As dianne said they are all estimates and its not an exact science. Use MFP as that creates a deficit without reliance on exercise. Log your exercise as 1 calorie, but you should montor how you feel and not runn too large a deficit imo. You cna anter your exercise as a 1 calorie burn if thats your thing.

Be aware as you don have that much to lose then your rate of loss will be harder.
  • ridingyoshi
    ridingyoshi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much guys!
  • kriegmeister
    kriegmeister Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This Resting Metabolic Rate calculator is one of the better ones because it uses an average of 5 different methods. But Dianne and tigger gave good advice. I'll add that if your working on the last stubborn dozen pounds or so then you'll have better results manipulating your carbs than grinding yourself down with exercise and an excessive deficit. That will only be counterproductive. Good luck!
  • Magemisty
    Magemisty Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    a good thing to do is to slightly change how many calories you eat whether is is once or twice a week or one week one amount and then another week a different , i heard this anyway - i think its supposed to stop you from plauteing quickly and to keep your body guessing
  • annajo145
    annajo145 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey there!!! am Anna am here to ask a question which really confuse me for last one year :) (my BMR is 1302, and in MFP I have changed my intake is 1200 cal)so here is my question in order to lose a pound per week i have to loose 3500 cal in 7 days,thats corect right? so i was doing lately like i eat each day 1200 calorie and i exercise and burn 500 calorie per day is that right? or how i have to do i cant understand...or i have to eat 1700 calorie and burn 500 cal ??? i want to lose 8 more kilo but for last 4 months am stacked with a number and I dont know what to anymore please please someone there help me.....
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    annajo145 wrote: »
    Hey there!!! am Anna am here to ask a question which really confuse me for last one year :) (my BMR is 1302, and in MFP I have changed my intake is 1200 cal)so here is my question in order to lose a pound per week i have to loose 3500 cal in 7 days,thats corect right? so i was doing lately like i eat each day 1200 calorie and i exercise and burn 500 calorie per day is that right? or how i have to do i cant understand...or i have to eat 1700 calorie and burn 500 cal ??? i want to lose 8 more kilo but for last 4 months am stacked with a number and I dont know what to anymore please please someone there help me.....

The number that MFP gives you already has the 500 calories per day taken out of it. So you should eat the full amount that MFP gives you plus your exercise calories. Many people feel that the exercise calories on MFP are overstated so generally people eat 50% of them. When I've logged exercise on MFP I've found that I stay on track losing even when eating all of the exercise calories so I, personally, would probably eat 50-75% at least.
  • nancyjay__
    nancyjay__ Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    What types of workouts do you do? What type of lifestyle do you put down when you're calculating your calorie intake?