I'm ready to make a change

trcrane
trcrane Posts: 5 Member
edited September 27 in Introduce Yourself
I have struggled for nearly 20 years with my weight. I've had success and relapse. It's time to make a permanent change for the better. I have 2 teenagers and a very active husband. I track intermittently and so far I love this website. My immediate goal other than to track everything, or realisticly 4-5 days a week is EXERCISE. I hate it but it must become my friend. I want to be one of those people who LOVE to exercise, maybe that's too much to ask for at 44. LOL I'm going to give it a try.

Replies

• RissaDean
    RissaDean Posts: 189 Member
    If you find an excercise you LOVE, please share!! The only thing I have found that I love to do is 12 oz curls (lifting a beer can to drink) :)

I also enjoy gardening - but you don't burn as many calories at that as you'd think :/ Any other time spent excercising just feels like I'm wasting time (even though I really know that it's good for me, and it's NOT a waste of time!!). I am just always thinking of the things I could be doing: playing with my dog or spending time w/ my husband or talking to my parents on the phone or hanging out with friends or.....you get the idea.
  • markdebbie
    markdebbie Posts: 18
    Hi I'm 40 with 4 children and I find it hard to exercise too. Hope you get on ok. It's a fab site and I'm really excited with how it's gone so far. Good luck and feel free to add me for support if you'd like to. Xx
  • Cccaroline
    Cccaroline Posts: 196 Member
    Hi
    This is a great site, with loads of support, which really helps. I'm late 40's and have battled with my weight for years as well, but this time will be the last! I struggle with exercise, but have found as I eat better, and less, I have more energy and feel like exercising more. As well as long walks, I like to garden and find if I do digging and weeding it burns quite a lot of calories. Good luck with your weight loss, add me for support if you want to. :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.