*closed group* Flab to Fab 3, Part 2!

Options

Replies

• kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Robin and Bridget, those were great!

I'll go: I am starting to truly believe compliments people give me and I am proud as a peacock to tell people where I started and where I am at now! It's a long journey but I think I appreciate myself more now. I know I am capable of a lot and I feel very lucky for everything I have in my life.
  • travelgirl09
    travelgirl09 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I AM WORTH IT!!!!!!
  • travelgirl09
    Options
    I just looked at the spreadsheet. Everyone seems to be doing well! I can totally see where I have been in "vacay" mode. May is pretty much going to be a bust for me. I've got real vacation next week and I've decided the only working out I'm going to do is whatever activities my Baby and I do together! Not going to take my HRM, workout clothes, etc. I just need a break.

However, when I get back, June is going to be a crank it out month! I am going to try to keep up and check in every day while I'm gone, just to keep me a little bit accountable! lol
  • cupcakelover103
    cupcakelover103 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    positive thought of the day: I know i can do this and i WILL do it!
  • nakitadawn1212
    nakitadawn1212 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hey girls!! I have been MIA!!! So sorry! I have been out of town on field trips and attending various events every night for the last 3 weeks, plus I got the flu last week. I have not been eating the best or keeping up with my exercise routine. My last day of work is MOnday and I am so excited. Next Tuesday, I am going to start a new diet and I am thrilled! We leave for the beach in about one month...so it is CRUNCH time and I can feel the pressure. So I am adding the 30 day shred to my bodybuilding routine starting tomorrow. I can not believe how much I miss eating healthy and having an exercise routine.

Sorry if you girls think my weekly challenge is corny, but if your like me I am so self critical and I NEVER give myself any credit. I think thinking positive is just as important as eating healthy and exercising.

I am still in the game girls.. I have just been sitting on the bench lately! I am sttill here and you all are doing so well..keep up the great work you are all my inspiration!
  • Caroline9252
    Options
    Hey girls!! I have been MIA!!! So sorry! I have been out of town on field trips and attending various events every night for the last 3 weeks, plus I got the flu last week. I have not been eating the best or keeping up with my exercise routine. My last day of work is MOnday and I am so excited. Next Tuesday, I am going to start a new diet and I am thrilled! We leave for the beach in about one month...so it is CRUNCH time and I can feel the pressure. So I am adding the 30 day shred to my bodybuilding routine starting tomorrow. I can not believe how much I miss eating healthy and having an exercise routine.

Sorry if you girls think my weekly challenge is corny, but if your like me I am so self critical and I NEVER give myself any credit. I think thinking positive is just as important as eating healthy and exercising.

I am still in the game girls.. I have just been sitting on the bench lately! I am sttill here and you all are doing so well..keep up the great work you are all my inspiration!

I love this idea!!! NOT corny at all - we all need to think positve and positive thoughts produce positive energy !!!!
  • Caroline9252
    Options
    Positive thought: my journey has not just been a number on the scale - its been a renewing of my mind.......
  • bitabee
    bitabee Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Positive thought: my journey has not just been a number on the scale - its been a renewing of my mind.......

Love this!!!! So true...
  • Kcham817
    Kcham817 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hey girls! Sry I really haven't been commenting on here but my positive thought for today: No longer am I trying, I'm getting the job done!
  • loria30
    loria30 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Positive thought for today. Eventhough I can't do much, based on how I weighed myself today (took some creativity) I should be maintaining quite well. Just wish I knew how much this cast weighs. LOL. I'm proud that I haven't gone over most days. I'm confident I can continue on this path for the next month or so until I get clearance to start walking long distances again. :-)

The way I got on the scale this morning was by turning it on by tapping it with a crutch, then using the crutches I raised myself up enough to be able to get on the scale. Put the crutches against the wall set my left foot down then. it said 150.6, the day I broke my ankle I was 147.8. I figure the cast weighs at least 2-3 pounds, so I'm glad about that. :-)

have an awesome day! :flowerforyou:
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    My positive thought for the day: I have learned how to respect myself and therefore can respect others more effectively.
  • travelgirl09
    Options
    Positive thought of the day: "Keep fighting! With progress you'll mess up your history!" - Chad Ochocinco
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Positive thought of the day:
    I might have a little junk in the trunk but it looks darn good in these pants :laugh:

Just thought instead of picking apart the things I don't like when I look in the mirror, I'd pick one I did like and focus on it today :happy:
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    Positive thought of the day!! As I make these healthy changes to my life it warms my heart to think I am helping my friends and family. Not even meaning to, these people that I love so much are eating healthier and moving more. I love it!! It's another great reason to keep going!
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Positive thought of the day: Throughout this journey I have discovered that I really enjoy cooking. This has allowed me to learn to cook healthy, well rounded, delicious meals for my family so that we can all live a healthier life!
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I have to weigh in early this week because I'm headed out of town tonight to go kayaking in FL (YAY!) but i'm super discouraged about my weigh-in. Up 4 lbs this week to 164.8! :noway: I feel so lost. I think I'm going to drop my calories back down because I increased them this last week and I don't think my body is agreeing with that. Hopefully it's TOM is about to be here and that's the reason but I'm just so down about it. I CANNOT get back to where I was and I'm already above my starting weight for this challenge. Needless to say I'm not really feeling the positive thought for today. It seems like I always lose over winter/spring but start gaining again by the start of summer and it makes me very self conscious in my swimsuit. Back to one pieces this year I guess......
  • cupcakelover103
    Options
    Hey ellis, try not to feel too discouraged by the small weight gain. Have you been lifting weights? or changed your exercise routine? This could be why, and i doubt a small increase in calories will have done that. I recently upped my calories too and the first week i gained 2 pounds but then dropped it the next week, perhaps you could try sticking at it for one more week to see what happens?
  • cupcakelover103
    Options
    positive thought of the day: I now use13 pound dumbells at the gym for my arm routine, and it makes me feel so strong and invincible!
  • travelgirl09
    Options
    I posted this as my status tonight, but there is more!

"Aretha Franklin was AMAZING! So glad we got a chance to see her here in Chicago! And, although that was great, I've got a very cool (at least I think it is!) NSV. I bought a pair of really nice 6 inch high heel leather boots a couple of years ago. Last year when I wore them once, they were so tight, I could barely get them to zip up. And then, when I did wear them, because they were so tight, all that extra fat that sits on the inside of your knees, (you all know the place!) would stick out almost like softballs. Needless to say, I didn't wear them very much. Today I put them on to wear to Aretha, and shock of shocks, they zipped right up, no problem. I even had to check them twice because they felt so loose I thought maybe they were torn! And not only did my "softballs" shrink down to ping pong size balls (lol) but I kept having to pull them up cuz they slipped a little! I can't wait to get back from vacay to get back on my workout and eating schedule! Very exciting! :)"

Here's the rest of the story:

When we take our monthly measurements, I had noticed that my thighs and calves are like .25 inches different from each other. I thought I was taking my measurements wrong. But the funny thing is, I could totally notice the difference in my boots. My right calf is definitely smaller than my left because I didn't have to keep picking up the left boot like I did the right. And I could feel the wiggle room in my right boot.

Just thought that was funny. lol
  • mamunroe
    mamunroe Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Good Morning F2F Ladies!! I am sadly reporting a .4 lb gain for the week. That's OK though. TOM is on the way and I also think I might have a problem. Nothing serious but I need your advice. We here on the east coast have not seen the sun in over a month. We had 2 hours of full sun yesterday (I was working). I've worn my raincoat to work every day for the past 4 weeks except the last 2 days. We've also had alot of rain and the weather has been just gross. We haven't seen the sun since before Easter. Before that I was on vacay in Mexico where I had sun overdose (I love it though). I also tanned before we went away but not since. So maybe I've gone through some serious sun withdrawl. Maybe I have SAD. I don't feel depressed or anything but wondered if it could related to my weight loss (or lack thereof) some how.:ohwell: