Why eat healthy food?

Options
2»

Replies

• maleva720
    maleva720 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You are correct in stating that consuming 1500 calories will not affect your weight loss if its healthy or unhealthy food. But it is much harder to eat just 1500 calories in unhealthy foods and not be starving as most unhealthy foods are mainly sugar which your body breaks down quickly. Food is just fuel for our bodies and you kind of want to use the best fuel you can get to take better care of you body so it will last you a long time. :)
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    For me, I chose to eat healthier foods because I am able to eat a lot more food if it is healthy, low cal foods as opposed to high fat, high calorie, high sugar junk. Plus, I just feel better filling my body with good foods and no junk.
  • nikkkicp
    nikkkicp Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    if you have more fat in your diet as opposed to a lower fat diet, over time,the fattier diet will cause weight gain. There was a proven study with rats. and the rat that ate the fattier food was fatter!
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Simple answer - you are what you eat!
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Healthy to me is eating whole grain breads, cutting out sugar, eating lower sodium, drinking more water, eating more fruits and veggies and more but I eat beef, hamburger, chicken, tuna, salmon, turkey and also more. Healthy to me is avoiding white bread and limiting pasta and rice (but I love rice and eat both brown and white. My corrections in my diet was mainly stopping all the sweets like cookies, candy, cake, pie etc etc. Healthy doesn't have to be boring once you explore all the "healthier" recipes found all over the place.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    You'll lose weight. But you won't be healthy.
  • bsolada
    bsolada Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I really hope this isn't a serious question. It is a no brainer, but if it is:
    Because nutrition is a huge part of weight loss and being healthy. If you eat your cals in whoppers, the sodium and fat will do nothing but harm you. And when you eat healthy, the calories for each food tend to be a lot less and you can eat more of the food. Not to mention, it your eating healthier, you will feel much better. It would be like putting diesel in your car. It might run for a couple minutes, but it harms the inside causing it to run like crap and eventualy expire at an early age.

No need to be rude. I wouldn't post a not serious question. It was an honest question I've always wondered about. I am pretty informed on healthy eat and weight loss. I know junk food is unhealthy. I just was referring directly to how it effects weigh loss. My mom actually asked this question this weekend and wasn't really sure how it "hurts" weight loss. My mom is the kind if person who would rather eat one junk meal of The Cheesecake Factory. I know the negative ramifications of unhealthy eating on the body though. Please, I'm not trying to turn into the OP of the, "Everything in moderation? I respectfully disagree," post. ;)
  • jamiek89
    jamiek89 Posts: 105
    Options
    I hope this post is a joke.....
  • craigmccolm
    craigmccolm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    a calorie is not just a clorie!! Calories come from different sources and are processed by the body for different things!

what you are saying is that if you have a diet where all your calories are coming from protein vs a diet where all your calories are coming from fat, the results would be the same!! I think not!

Proteins are processed by the body for growth and repair, carbohydrates are used for primary energy source and fats (healthy or unhealthy) are your secondary energy source.

When trying to lose weight you are geared away from foods that are full of sugar as they produce an insulin spike in your blood,.

insulin 'shuttles' these nutrients around your body to where they are needed, If these nutrients are not needed they will be stored as fat.

If you eat a shed load of carbs, your bodys preferred energy source, and you dont use or need that energy, your body will store this as fat.

If you partake in weight training, for example, you are advised to drink a post workout shake containing proteins and carbs, The protein repairs your muscles and the carbs replace the energy you have just used, once these nutrients have done there job, if there is any left over, it will be stored as fat!

It is best to get your nutrition and calories from a well balanced, healthy diet, My diet consists of 55% carbs 30% protein and 15% fat, i monitor this as much as possible!

A calorie is definartely not a calorie with reguards to how the body processes nutrients.

With the calories in versus calories out argument, this is true, A calorie is just a unit of energy, but i think it is important to balance your micronutrient ratios to ensure you are being nourished!!