Do you plan your meals ahead?

Options
i do it the day before, I plan all my meals for the next day! But of course there are minor changes here and there sometimes

Replies

• Magemisty
    Magemisty Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    no but i wish i could, i mean sometimes i cook things in advanced and keep them in the fridge for the next day but i forget about them and end up eating something else :(
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Yes. I pre-log my whole day the night before or in the morning.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Sometimes yes, sometimes no. If I have enough leftovers for dinner that it can be repurposed for my lunch the next day, then yes.

Today is an example.
  • DeannaCoersCarter
    DeannaCoersCarter Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I log my food the day before, usually.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    I usually have things planned out for the day by the time I finish breakfast. Breakfast varies here and there, I know I'll have a protein shake in the evening, and then I fill in lunch/dinner based on what's going on during the day and whether or not I'm working out. Ofc sometimes things have to be adjusted.
  • lindsayk324
    lindsayk324 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I meal prep on Sundays to keep myself organized and save time during the week. It doesn't work for everyone but I like it because it keeps me within my macro goals and I don't get bored of the same food all week! My diary's open if anybody's curious about what a typical week looks like for me.

And here's some recent examples of what a "meal prep" looks like for me!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    we do indeed.
    sunday is grocery shopping day, so we sit down and come up with a general dinner menu for the week. we tend to have a lot of repeats from week to week, but we dont care.
    lunches are the same thing everyday (chicken breast, a green vegetable like broccoli or brussles sprouts, and rice) and the week's worth is prepared sunday night.
    for us, it keeps it simple and we dig that.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    if my diary were open to the public, you would see i've got my foods planned out until about thursday... i'll probably do friday tonight.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,489 Member
    Options
    It depends. For example, I just packed my lunches for the next two days, because I have clinicals and have to leave the house at 6am and don't feel like dealing with it of a morning. Mostly not too much though. I eat alot of the same things (eggs for example), so it's not like tracking as/after I eat is a huge deal.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Yes, I pretty much plan and log everything ahead of time. I plan what I'm going to make for dinner in the morning while I'm drinking my coffee so I'll hop back to the last time I made that meal and use the quick tools option to copy it and adjust the weight of the produce later when I'm cooking.

Breakfast or lunch is usually whatever I have on hand or sounds good but since I already know what I'm having for dinner I can make adjustments if I want to. I'm more interested in eating until I'm full and satisfied most days regardless of calories* so my hunger influences what I eat more than pre-logging does, but I still enjoy planning out my day. It gives me a sense of satisfaction or accomplishment to have it all filled in for some strange reason.

*I care about calories, of course, but I eat a low carb diet which naturally regulates my appetite so I'm less concerned with overeating these days and feel pretty comfortable listening to my hunger cues.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    I only prelog dinner, and then I try to make up for any protein or fiber deficiencies. (I seem to hit carbs and fat without trying)
  • danicristina2015
    danicristina2015 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I only prelog dinner, and then I try to make up for any protein or fiber deficiencies. (I seem to hit carbs and fat without trying)

I know! Carbs and fat are in everything lol
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I don't log anymore.....but I prep and plan all meals for the week on sunday to make for easier and quicker evenings since we both work and I want the kids to have home made food.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i usually have at least a general idea of what ill be having the next day....
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I prelog like a mad person. Right now I am logged for up til May 10 or 12 th. It does change sometimes but, I have the luxury of planning out that far and making my own food which also helps with grocery budgets. We only buy what we need.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Considering I brown bag my breakfast, lunch, and snacks...yeah, not much choice. Also, I grocery shop once per week so I pretty much have to have everything laid out a week in advance for the most part.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Yes I typically log my meals in advance (the night before). I think it really is a big help because there is no guessing wondering what to eat and if I have the calories for it.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,016 Member
    Options
    Do you plan your meals ahead?

Yes, mostly.
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I usually plan my meals out on Sunday like a lot of people but I don't usually pre-log anything. This give me some flexibility in terms of last minute changes like going out instead of eating in. I find that pre-planning keeps me on track with dieting and keeps me from overspending at the grocery store.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Yes indeed...keeps me honest & from ever going over. I do adjust thru the day but make sure I've got plenty of "filler calories" in snacks so I can do last minute changes if need be. Have been doing pretty much since day one.