Weight Loss Help!!!!

I'm super frustrated I started going to the gym about 4 weeks ago and have started eating a 1400 calorie diet and I have yet to loose 1 pound. I don't understand what I am doing wrong. I have been running on the treadmill w/ random incline anywhere from 10-20 mins each time and then weight training the rest of the time taking breaks upper/lower every other day and and only working out 4 times a week. I don't understand whats going on. A few years ago when I started loosing weight it came off and I lost a total of 18 pounds and now I can't loose anything........ Any in-site would be greatfull. I also have started taking vitamin B complex and multivitamin.

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Can you open your diary?
  • nmathison1
    nmathison1 Posts: 9 Member
    Yes I just did
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    nmathison1 wrote: »
    Yes I just did

No, it's still closed.
  • nmathison1
    Okay I totally changed the wrong thing it should be open now
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Can I ask: what's your age, height, weight and goal weight?
  • nmathison1
    I am 32, 5'4.75", currently weight 156 and goal weight would be 145. For now at least
  • stephiekp
    stephiekp Posts: 9 Member
    I'm right there with you, I have just started my 6th week of exercise and have been tracking my food on here for about 2 weeks and just not losing!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    nmathison1 wrote: »
    I am 32, 5'4.75", currently weight 156 and goal weight would be 145. For now at least
    Nice. Given the fact that you have so little to lose, best case scenario, you should be expecting (hoping) to lose .5 (a half, 1/2) a pound a week. You've not yet, in a month, lost 1-2pounds?
  • nmathison1
    no I haven't in fact I went to 155 and then back to 156
  • stephiekp
    So when I log my food for the day it says if my food intake was equal to that everyday I would weigh like 129 in 5 weeks, but losing a half a pound a week does not add up to that weight?? I am confused and just feel like I am doing something wrong here :(
  • nmathison1
    stephiekp wrote: »
    So when I log my food for the day it says if my food intake was equal to that everyday I would weigh like 129 in 5 weeks, but losing a half a pound a week does not add up to that weight?? I am confused and just feel like I am doing something wrong here :(

I know its super frustrating..... Thats why I am asking for help too
  • stephiekp
    And I can so relate to the bouncing back and forth I do the same thing!! It is very frustrating..I do think though that it is harder when it is a smaller amount you are trying to lose. I am trying to lose like 10 lbs and tone up. Good luck and just keep going..something's got to give for us!!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    do you own a food scale?
    is your strength training program a structured program or a homemade one?
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    edited April 2015
    Do you weigh all your solid foods and measure only liquids, if not, that's probably why.

ETA: Looking at your diary, I can tell you don't weigh your food, get a food scale, weigh ALL solid foods and measure only liquids!!
  • stephiekp
    I do not own a food scale, but will purchase one to see if that helps. My strength training I do is from dvds I've been using. I just think maybe I am too impatient for the results, but still I should be losing something
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    It's taking your last recorded weight and how many net calories you ate that day and doing a bit of math. If you were below your calorie goal then it will say that you will lose more than your goal.

It's not exact because there are more variables for how much you will actually weigh and you won't be eating the exact same amount of calories every day. I think it's just supposed to be inspirational.
  • nmathison1
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    do you own a food scale?
    is your strength training program a structured program or a homemade one?

One I found on Pinterest
  • stephiekp
    Thanks and it is inspirational, but I want to see it happening!! lol
  • nmathison1
    Agreed
  • nmathison1
    And I can so relate to the bouncing back and forth I do the same thing!! It is very frustrating..I do think though that it is harder when it is a smaller amount you are trying to lose. I am trying to lose like 10 lbs and tone up. Good luck and just keep going..something's got to give for us!!

I'm right there with you trying to stay hopeful especially when I go to the gym before work and come home and take care of 5 children