Options
Marysfitjourney2015
Marysfitjourney2015 Posts: 9 Member
edited April 2015 in Introduce Yourself
I'm very nervous about starting. Overwhelmed really. I have a lot of weight to lose and everything has failed up to this point. If this doesn't work I will probably not make it another 10 years.

Replies

• foreverslim1111
    foreverslim1111 Posts: 2,614 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I hope you find it as helpful as I have.
  • Marysfitjourney2015
    Options
    Thank you. I'm very scared.
  • foreverslim1111
    Options
    What has you worried?
  • lessofkimberly
    lessofkimberly Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have been working at this for several years. And feel that the 60+ pounds I have lost is a success. I no longer have over 100 to lose. You need to know that you can do it.
  • foreverslim1111
    Options
    I'm very nervous about starting. Overwhelmed really. I have a lot of weight to lose and everything has failed up to this point. If this doesn't work I will probably not make it another 10 years.

I just saw this reply. This is the most helpful site ever. If you need help, you can ask questions of other members and get lots of help and support. This might work for you better than anything else.
  • Marysfitjourney2015
    Options
    My Dr. suggested this program and tho nervous, I'm very excited to get started.
  • foreverslim1111
    Options
    I think you will really like it. Since it's based of CICO (cals in cals out) you can eat foods that you have always eaten. But it requires you to log everything and make sure that they fit into your total count for the day. This makes it very flexable. I find That I only get into trouble when I get away from logging. So I have learned to log always - even on trips.
  • Marysfitjourney2015
    Options
    So far i have done good. Day 2! Lol. I had soooo much weight to lose its really overwhelming. I'm going for small goals instead of looking at the bigger picture.
  • fran2008mfp
    fran2008mfp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, today is my 2nd day also and so far-so good. I relate to the overwhelm and also set a smaller goal. Learned about this app from a woman who is in my pre-diabetes class and it feels like this I can do...
  • oneunfitdad
    oneunfitdad Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me i always try to help people improving themselves
  • jkothke
    jkothke Posts: 1
    Options
    I also have a lot to lose. i am just taking it one step at a time. this is day two for me, and my first goal is 20 pounds. i think it is easier to think of it in small increments. less overwhelming.
  • Marysfitjourney2015
    Options
    I agree! Thinking of losing 20 lbs is a lot more do-able sounding than 150 lbs!!!
    I love being able to talk to others going thru the same struggles as myself. Staying positive is going to be the hard part for me. But I think reading all your posts will help me.
  • Marysfitjourney2015
    Options
    I'm really enjoying this app! It is helping me stay on track and making me very aware of what I eat! Some foods you think are so healthy for you and then when you enter it, you see that it's not such a good choice. So now i enter food before I actually eat it! I hope you all are doing well! Keep up the good work!
  • thegaragegirl01
    thegaragegirl01 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Don't focus so much on how much weight you're losing, just think about how much healthier you are becoming. Weight loss is a side effect of eating healthy :-) You've got this! I agree, keep your goals small. If it helps, if you think of your weight loss in kilograms you only have to lose 68kg! That's a much smaller number to face ;-)

Congrats on taking the first step! One day at a time, and if you fall off the wagon, that's okay! Just get right back on again. The program works, you've just got to make sure you work with it and hold yourself accountable for the choices you make.

I hope it works for you. :-) Welcome to MFP.
  • jbd65
    jbd65 Posts: 3
    Options
    hello - new to MFP, but a vet at trying to loose weight and keep in shape. Any advice is appreciated. My ultimate goal is to get back to my wedding day weight, which is hiding under the 70lbs that has claimed residency on my body.
  • jbd65
    jbd65 Posts: 3
    Options
    btw, I'm the one in red :wink:
  • foreverslim1111
    Options
    I'm really enjoying this app! It is helping me stay on track and making me very aware of what I eat! Some foods you think are so healthy for you and then when you enter it, you see that it's not such a good choice. So now i enter food before I actually eat it! I hope you all are doing well! Keep up the good work!

I just check back to this thread and it sounds like you are getting very good advice and encouragement and lots of support. So glad you're off to a good start!

jbd65 wrote: »
    hello - new to MFP, but a vet at trying to loose weight and keep in shape. Any advice is appreciated. My ultimate goal is to get back to my wedding day weight, which is hiding under the 70lbs that has claimed residency on my body.

jbd65: Welcome to MFP. We are here for you too. Take it slow, weigh, measure and log everything, everyday, and still allow yourself some treats. Just make sure they fit into your calorie count. I read a few of these posts every day. I find them informative and usually entertaining.

• Marysfitjourney2015
    Options
    Don't focus so much on how much weight you're losing, just think about how much healthier you are becoming. Weight loss is a side effect of eating healthy :-) You've got this! I agree, keep your goals small. If it helps, if you think of your weight loss in kilograms you only have to lose 68kg! That's a much smaller number to face ;-)

Congrats on taking the first step! One day at a time, and if you fall off the wagon, that's okay! Just get right back on again. The program works, you've just got to make sure you work with it and hold yourself accountable for the choices you make.

I hope it works for you. :-) Welcome to MFP.

Thank you very much!
  • Marysfitjourney2015
    Options
    jbd65 wrote: »

Lol. I understand. I got married 12 years ago and the wait has packed on. I've tried everything so let's see how this works!