Anyone ever think like this ?

Options
Once in a while let's say I have a bad binge on a bag of candy... Instead of just stopping I think that I want to finish it so I can start fresh tomorrow and it won't temp me... I know logically it's pretty silly... Does anyone ever think like this ?

Replies

• kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    Used to. But now if I start, rather than finish, I just throw it away so I stop eating it. Works like a charm.
  • thegaragegirl01
    thegaragegirl01 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Oooh yeah, happens all the time. "I've bought it, I need to finish it so I don't eat it tomorrow too". I'm so bad at it. It's how I end up eating whole packets of biscuits and entire blocks of chocolate in a single sitting.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Yup, I've had this whole "If I eat it all, it will be gone and I won't buy any more, so I can get back on track" attitutde with all the chocolate we were given for Easter.
    But to borrow an analogy - if you scraped the side of your car, would you go "stuff it, I'll scratch up all the other sides and get it fixed tomorrow?" - imperfect analogy, but the theory is sound, the more damage you cause today, the more repairs you have to start tomorrow.
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I am better than I used to be with it. But, yes, many times...I have done just that. Just ate till it was gone..so it could not tempt me tomorrow.
  • Divia09
    Divia09 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That is so my weekend problem if I allow myself today then I'll be back on track tomorrow. I must break the cycle.
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I've been guilty of doing that. I started to throw things out or run it down the garbage disposal instead and since I don't like throwing away money, trains me not to buy it in the first place. I have fit kids and I don't withhold dessert from them so I do have ice cream etc in the house but if I feel "weak" they know to expect a time period without it available.