why are YOU losing weight?!

Options

Replies

• ZiggySquish
    ZiggySquish Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I would also like to wear my bathing suit to the river and swim all day while looking good :)
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I no longer care about impressing anyone, just did it for health reasons and I didn't like what I saw in the mirror

Same here. I'm only middle aged but the path I was on...I don't believe I would've enjoyed my golden years.
    So, I guess part of it is vanity as I want to be one of those old codgers that everyone is amazed at how I'm still in great shape for my age.
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    For my health. I'm diabetic and just by losing the weight I have lost and being more active I'm seeing amazing numbers on my fasting sugar tests!
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    For once in my life (that implies that it has never happened before), I would like to wear a bikini. I've lost 24kilos, and now I'm losing another 5, only because I'm busy with a recomp.
  • renton1000
    renton1000 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this for health reasons - and I'm feeling so much better having lost a bit of weight, so that is spurring me on to keep going. I've also discovered yoga and I'm finding the more weight I loose the more yoga postures I'm able to do well ... Lastly I'm keeping on losing weight because I've found I've only had to make minor changes in my diet to start the weight loss process.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Born with heart issues and a stupid brain and finally got around to not be overweight, to give my heart a break.

Vsd plus some other things I can never remember, something to do with the clamping down on the main pipe from the heart, for those in the know.

Also not being the fatest person in my extended family is a plus. And just general fitness, I can do push ups now. Next step chin ups.
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Because who wants to be obese?
    So i dont get asked again if im pregnant
    To go snowboarding for the 1st time with my man
    To enjoy life more
    To do things i dont do b/c of my weight
    To shop! And enjoy shopping!
    To Prevent health issues
    To feel pride in myself for accomplishing something i never thought i could
    To not regret another day where i didnt do it
    To look hot for my man
    To look hot for me!
    To not be humiliated when i run into someone i havent seen in forever
    To inspire my family to do the same

I could probably go on and on. Theres thousands of reasons ive built up over the years.
  • AKNMHunt
    AKNMHunt Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I want to be ok with me. And I don't want to buy bigger pants/shorts. And I live in HI, so essentially the most skin exposed state. And I want to be able to be active with my kids and go on hikes and bike rides. And health. And sex. And to help my knees be better. And to not look pregnant all the time. And to not have a double chin anymore. And to not have to unbutton my shorts when I drive.
  • msshadow831
    msshadow831 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need and want to stay in remission from the Cancer I had. For that to happen my doctor told me my body needs to be healthy to be able to fight and my number one reason is that I want to see my children grow up.
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    To improve my health and be around to see my grandchildren grow up. Looking better is a nice side benefit but not the primary reason. If people can't accept you for who you are now, what makes you think they will when you weigh less?
  • FoodFitnessTravel
    FoodFitnessTravel Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Judge me all you want, for the compliments, when i'm at my best weight people often ask me if i'm a model.
  • ElkeKNJ
    ElkeKNJ Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Sheer vanity for now
  • alida1walsh
    alida1walsh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Doctor's advice. I thought it was enough to be a healthy BMI and doing regular exercise. It came as a bit of a surprise when the doctor advised me to lose 2-3 kilos :o . Friends tell me I'm too skinny. The problem is around the belly though. It hasn't recovered after my last c-section.
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    when I was younger I wanted to lose weight just to wear a smaller size and look more attractive and be like other girls my age. I was never successful when that was the only reason.
    Now I am doing this to feel better, improve my health and be able to do simple things like walk around the mall without feeling exhausted or in pain.
  • nancyjay__
    nancyjay__ Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Being physically fit has helped me be mentally fit. A year ago I went through what could possibly be the darkest time of my life; once I got the help I needed in order to understand what was happening I gave myself the tools which for me were the gym the right diet the new friends and positive gym buddies and new motivation to look and feel great! And then I now use my new lifestyle to compete
  • MrsElvieLove
    MrsElvieLove Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Purely health. A side bonus will be that clothes shopping will become less of a nightmare.

• megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I want to look my best. What's the point in getting my hair done if my belly's just going to make me look a mess?!
    I don't want to give up on my figure just because I'm in my 30s.
    I want to teach my kids by example about healthy eating and being physically active.
    I want stronger lungs after a scary chest infection and asthma. (It's already working - not been wheezy for ages now.)
  • mrsjb1984
    mrsjb1984 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    So i can walk again. Im an amputee and am finding being big puts too much pressure on all my joints.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Started to help regulate my pre-diabetes, now that it's gone my focus is to lower my blood pressure farther. Ultimately, the ideal me in my head is:
    - healthy (as healthy as someone with chronic issues can be)
    - cardiovascular fitness not to feel winded doing things
    - flexible enough to sit in any position comfortably
    - strong enough to move furniture effortlessly
    - has enough body control for any normal situation like climbing a tree or scaling myself over a fence
    - wears sizes that are readily available everywhere (ideally size 8-10)
    Basically I just want to be able to do everything I want to do without having any physical limitations (any that I can control that is)