What's all the hype about Shakeology?

Options
Anyone try Shakeology/3 day Refresh/T-25? I'm seeing it everywhere! I don't know anyone personally who's tried it so just curious to hear about any personal experiences with it:)

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Wow. This was posted over 20 minutes ago and there isn't one comment? There are usually 100 by now on topics like this.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    Wow. This was posted over 20 minutes ago and there isn't one comment? There are usually 100 by now on topics like this.

We're burned out
  • spunkypug100
    spunkypug100 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I drank shakeology for about a year and saw no difference. I was even a beachbody coach for a while because I do love their fitness programs. I eventually gave it up because I could not justify the price of the shakeology when I saw no results.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    OP, you pretty much answered your own question.

The hype is just that. It's a multi level marketing product, so people are going to praise it to high heaven in order to take your money and earn their commission.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Anyone try Shakeology/3 day Refresh/T-25? I'm seeing it everywhere! I don't know anyone personally who's tried it so just curious to hear about any personal experiences with it:)

It is a pyramid marketing scheme.... Does nothing for weight loss.
  • Sutnak
    Sutnak Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    People who sell it really love it, and want you to sell it for them too, so you make more money.

most other people buy less expensive, better products without the MLM strings attached.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/search
    Plenty of threads about the same old MLM scams.
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I sell it. I personally wouldn't classify it as a weight loss product, unless taken as part of a complete weight loss program. But it doesn't have magical weight loss properties on its own, at least I don't think so. It is, however, very nutritious, tastes great and is all natural. Some use as a meal replacement, some as a snack.

T25 is a workout program made by the same company. It's a DVD. Intense workouts that last 25 minutes.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Some topics should not allow posting until the OP clicks on a tab that certifies that they have searched and read all threads related to that subject.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    The responses obviously point to a pyramid scheme, but if I ever open a belly dancing studio (for whatever reason) I'm so calling it Shakeology!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Save your money and eat your calories.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    over priced garbage that has nothing to do with fitness..

end thread /
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    If you want to spend the money I guess?
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Some topics should not allow posting until the OP clicks on a tab that certifies that they have searched and read all threads related to that subject.

If people knew how to use the search link there would be one new thread in this forum per week...maybe one.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

If people knew how to use the search link there would be one new thread in this forum per week...maybe one.

FYI the search sucks hard on the phone app. Keeps disappearing when I type into it.
  • samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »
    OP, you pretty much answered your own question.

The hype is just that. It's a multi level marketing product, so people are going to praise it to high heaven in order to take your money and earn their commission.

I never bought into Shakeology or the meal plan, but I do endorse T25 - I think its a very good workout. Especially for an absolute beginner like me, it did wonders for getting the fitness train rolling, getting me into good habits etc.

As for the whole thing as a package? "Eat 1200 calories a day, including meal replacement shakes, and do intense workouts and you will lose weight!" Well, duh!

Just as true as "Eat 1200 calories a day, and do intense workouts and you will lose weight!"

Personally I stuck to a more reasonable (for me) calorie goal and completely ignored their idea of what a meal is, but I did like the workout!
  • Carpe_diem1983
    Carpe_diem1983 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the input, I won't waste my money.
    As for this being a constant topic being posted about, I'm sorry but I just found the community aspect of this app this weekend after using it for tracking for two years. It's exciting to talk diet and fitness with like-minded individuals.
    Using it mostly with my phone and it's not easy to navigate, but if I am curious about something I'll post like everyone else, and if you are put off about what I'm posting because you've seen it 1000 times, keep scrolling. But glad you took the time to come say hello:)
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    jpkrueger wrote: »
    I sell it. I personally wouldn't classify it as a weight loss product, unless taken as part of a complete weight loss program. But it doesn't have magical weight loss properties on its own, at least I don't think so. It is, however, very nutritious, tastes great and is all natural. Some use as a meal replacement, some as a snack.

T25 is a workout program made by the same company. It's a DVD. Intense workouts that last 25 minutes.

I just want to say thank you for being honest about the weightloss aspect. Too many people who sell it are not and embellish the product to claim it will help you lose weight. This is the first time I have seen someone not do that.
  • jlcbooth
    jlcbooth Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I tried the chocolate shake a few weeks ago and couldn't believe how terrible it was. I drink pure protein and body tech (vitamin shoppe) shakes and they are amazing compared to shakeology. do not waste your money.
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    If you like juices, smoothies, milkshakes, etc. it's cheaper (and probably healthier) to buy a blender and a smoothie recipe book.