I feel like a joke!

Options
Tried level 1 of the 30 day shred for the first time last night.
I lasted 5 minutes before I had to stop because I felt sick and like I was going to faint!
How am I supposed to get fit and lose weight if I can only last 5 minutes?
I feel like a joke.

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    keep doing it ... and every time you will manage more and more

in a few weeks or a month you might be able to do the whole thing and then you can start doing it properly

fitness is earned
  • samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Have another go, if you get to 5 minutes 30 seconds you have improved. As rabbitjb says, over time you WILL improve, just keep plugging away at it.
  • katalinax87
    katalinax87 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Just keep pressing play and you'll get there. Also there is no shame in following the modifier
  • jontucc
    jontucc Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. If you need to take breaks and modify. Keep at it and you will get better.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Avvept where you are now and as said above the aim i for progressive improvement. Keep doing it and you will find it easier and go further. If 30 day shred is too much then start with walking and keep adding 5 minutes or 100 metres each day. Take breaks. Progression is the way everyone no matter what fitness level works.
  • rizlah01
    rizlah01 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    lisasp4 wrote: »
    I lasted 5 minutes before I had to stop because I felt sick and like I was going to faint!
    I feel like a joke.

Never give up is the key. Everyone goes through the same and you will improve. I promise. You're only a joke if you let this beat you and you give up. Don't let it beat you. Every human is capable of great things.
  • Gel_W91
    Gel_W91 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Get to your breaking point, push for another 30 seconds, stop and repeat tomorrow. It will vary daily but these things come with time. 30DS is quite a killer for a first time exerciser. I thought so anyway!
    Just remember when your trying to push through, it DOES get results
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    Options
    You might also want to start with some lower intensity cardio to build up your endurance. Walk fast, run if you can, and/or bike.
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    That's 5 minutes longer than someone sitting still. Do 6 next time etc. Every pro was once an ameture.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    That's 5 more minutes than what I did :smile:
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Persevering is the best thing you can do
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I feel like a joke.

You're no joke! I can only do five minutes too. :) My husband won't let me do it now because I'm chronically ill and it takes me down big time, but before I fell ill I tried it myself and nearly died after those first five minutes! I managed to get through the whole workout after about two weeks. Don't give up!! :)
  • melindaharshbargermarshall
    Options
    First time posting/answering in a forum! I am just about done with level 3 and will say it is a ROUGH workout. I honestly thought I would die the first day or two of each level. There is no shame in using the modifications. I started out doing a lot of the modifications, and still do on a few of the modifications because of my back. Do what you can..and don't give up. When I first started I could barely keep up with the jumping jacks and would go back to running in place until it was time to "switch". (And I thought I was in relatively good shape...ha!) Keep at it and don't give up! I am kind of excited to see how many inches I was able to take off from this. I am soo close to my goal , that I was hoping this would help whoop me in to shape. Good luck!
  • lisasp4
    lisasp4 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'll try again tonight and as long as I get past 5 minutes, I'll count it as a success!!
  • lambchoplewis1
    lambchoplewis1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You will get better at it. Right now not only r u doing something u have never done, u have to pay attention to the moves. Once u know what is going on, u can focus on the exercise. It will get easier.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'll try again tonight and as long as I get past 5 minutes, I'll count it as a success!!

You will

and it would be :smiley:
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I feel like a joke.

Fat loss comes from what and how much you eat.

As for fitness, persistence, patience, and progression. Next time, do six minutes, and so on.

• mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow aim for 6 minutes...the day after aim for 7....eventually you will be doing the whole thing - no problem!
  • vfit10
    vfit10 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    We all started somewhere ... Keep pushing and didn't give up!! Cheera
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Remember it's a long journey - I am *shocked* every day at what I can do now compared to what I could do (which was mostly lie on the floor gasping) when I first started @ 6 months ago. The only way to improve is to keep trying :)