am confused plz help

Options
Hey there!!! am Anna am here to ask a question which really confuse me for last one year :) (my BMR is 1302, and in MFP I have changed my intake is 1200 cal)so here is my question in order to lose a pound per week i have to loose 3500 cal in 7 days,thats corect right? so i was doing lately like i eat each a day 1200 calorie and i exercise the same day and burn 500 calorie,is that right? or how i have to do i cant understand...or i have to eat 1700 calorie and burn 500 cal ??? i want to lose 8 more kilog which is about 16lb OMG!!!! but for last 4 months am stuked with a number and I dont know what to do to more,please please someone there help me.....how many calorie I should eat if my BMR is 1302 to lose 2lb per week??? Thanks to all in advance those who going to read this post and one who will give me a hand...I searched a lot but still in dont find a site where somebody written clearly what all these means....

Replies

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Eat 1302 + whatever you burn during exercise. But be careful with those exercise calories, do not use the default number they're very high. Like 2x higher than what you really burn. And 2 lb/week is very fast weight loss, so you might want to start with 1 or 1.5lb/week and see if you're ok like not too hungry or tired. Good luck!!!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    annajo145 wrote: »
    Hey there!!! am Anna am here to ask a question which really confuse me for last one year :) (my BMR is 1302, and in MFP I have changed my intake is 1200 cal)so here is my question in order to lose a pound per week i have to loose 3500 cal in 7 days,thats corect right?
    Hi, Anna! Yes, you are correct. It takes 3500 calories to equal a pound of fat.
    so i was doing lately like i eat each a day 1200 calorie and i exercise the same day and burn 500 calorie,is that right? or how i have to do i cant understand...or i have to eat 1700 calorie and burn 500 cal ??? i want to lose 8 more kilog which is about 16lb OMG!!!! but for last 4 months am stuked with a number and I dont know what to do to more,please please someone there help me.....how many calorie I should eat if my BMR is 1302 to lose 2lb per week??? Thanks to all in advance those who going to read this post and one who will give me a hand...I searched a lot but still in dont find a site where somebody written clearly what all these means....
    Either eating 1200 calories per day and not exercising or eating 1700 calories and burning 500 calories with exercise will have the same effect: a net of 1200 calories. If you only eat 1200 calories and then exercise to burn 500 calories you will only net 700 calories which isn't very much to fuel a body on!

With 8 kg (16 pounds) to lose, you aren't going to be able to lose 1 or 2 pounds per week of fat, at least not in any way that's healthy or good for your body. You may be able to lose a little faster than that at first but it's going to be water you're losing, not fat. You should set MFP to lose .5 pound per week and commit yourself to losing the weight slowly and safely. You didn't gain that 8 kg in a few weeks and it's going to take longer than that to lose it, too.

Have you considered strength training rather than burning lots of calories through cardio exercises? I started lifting weights about a year ago. I've only lost about 10 pounds but I've lost a lot of fat and replaced it with muscle (which is smaller). So I can still fit in the clothes I could wear at 120-125 pounds but I can eat more, and I'm happier, while weighing 130-135 pounds.
  • annajo145
    annajo145 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your precious time to explain those things...so I think I almost understood the fact,I would like to do the strength training but I have no way to go gym am doing all these at home,where even am.not that much permitted to do the exercises,am doing Jillian no more trouble zone with a 4G dumbells in each hands that's too bit heavy for me,am 158 cm with 63 kg (at present )where I was 158 with 87 kg feel much better but I think now something not that cool working :neutral: thanks a lot for the explanation ☺
  • annajo145
    annajo145 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oops 4kg not 4G lol
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Thank you so much for your precious time to explain those things...so I think I almost understood the fact,I would like to do the strength training but I have no way to go gym am doing all these at home,where even am.not that much permitted to do the exercises,am doing Jillian no more trouble zone with a 4G dumbells in each hands that's too bit heavy for me,am 158 cm with 63 kg (at present )where I was 158 with 87 kg feel much better but I think now something not that cool working :neutral: thanks a lot for the explanation ☺
    You are very welcome! I enjoy taking some time out of my day to help others with the things I've learned over the past few years. :smile:

Strength training can be done with your own body weight, dumbbells, kettle bells and/or resistance bands. You don't need a gym to do them. Pushups, squats, etc. can all be done to help build strength. You might look on Youtube or Google "body weight exercises" or "you are your own gym" for some good ones.

If you keep working with those weights they'll get easier. Much easier. For now, do some of it with them and then the rest without if it gets too much. You'll find that the time you can use them will increase. I started weight lifting in a gym about a year ago. I've doubled the amount of weight I can lift, or more, on everything I'm doing. It's pretty amazing. I'm sure you'll find the same is true for you.

Good luck!