My new breakfast at work

Options
back2happy2005
back2happy2005 Posts: 108 Member
I was running late this morning and just threw this into a bowl to take to work and cooked it in the microwave and I am so impressed this will be my new go to breakfast. under 150 cals and 22 grams of protein! :smiley:

1 whole egg
2 egg whites
1/4 C 1% cottage cheese
1 t water

I whisked together and cooked on med for 1 min increments stirring after each min

Replies

• TerriK14
    TerriK14 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! I am going to try this! Thanks for a quick idea.
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Might throw in some veggies, or put it between bread -- looks good, though!
  • rosariobarrientos9279
    Options
    How much can your body process in grams of the protein consumed. Any excess will be stored as fat, no?
  • PositivelyFlawed
    PositivelyFlawed Posts: 316 Member
    Options
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    For a while I was on a kick of doing this with eggs in the microwave....no cottage cheese though. Sounds interesting. Does the cottage cheese melt?
  • back2happy2005
    back2happy2005 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    HRLaurie - yes the cottage cheese melts and you can not tell it is even in there. I have a recipe for a breakfast casserole that has cottage cheese in it that I was making on the weekends but I think I am sticking with this since I can change it up every day. I am addicted to this now. I had a busy night last night so this is was what I had for dinner. I added a mini red pepper, onions and spinach and had it again this morning. lol
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    How much can your body process in grams of the protein consumed. Any excess will be stored as fat, no?

Huh?

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

?
  • lavertyds
    lavertyds Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I read the same thing about the Protein today but am not sure how much is too much
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish!..and loaded with protein!
  • glfernandes828
    glfernandes828 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    How many minutes did you cook it for in total?
  • MKsMommy
    MKsMommy Posts: 1 Member
    Options

There is a good article on WebMD titled "do You Need Protein Powders?" It addresses this question well. Basically it all depends on what your goals are- whether building massive amounts of muscle or just trying to stay healthy. There is a thing as too much, but you'd have to be eating tons of protein each day to do that. Hope that helps.
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! You lose all the nutrients though when you removed the yolk from the egg.
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Yep, this morning I had 2 eggs with cottage cheese whisked in and some hot sauce. So filling. I'm thinking of adding cottage cheese to my crustless quiche next time
  • floridamatty
    floridamatty Posts: 93 Member
    Options

EH.......... NO
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

...no.

Excess calories are stored as fat.

You can't honestly think that 22 g of protein in one meal is too much.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    sounds good for when I get tired of my greek yogurt and berries.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    WNYEj9G.gif
  • browneyesbb89
    browneyesbb89 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    This sounds really good. I will have to give it a try. Thanks!