Cokeaholic

Options
So my problem isn't really what I eat, it's what I drink. So I started today doing NO cokes at work. I can't go cold turkey immediately, but since I spend the majority of my time at work I thought this would be the best way to try.

Replies

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    I drank a daily 2 liter coke for years...now I drink no soda at all. Its a process good luck.
  • stellahyatt
    stellahyatt Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue :(
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Switch to diet.
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Try to start out by cutting down on them. Like if you drink 5-6 daily, cut down to 2-3. As long as they fit into your daily calorie limits, you shouldn't have any issues :)
  • dramos1961
    dramos1961 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Treat yourself to (1) diet coke a day! A reward but stick to diet. GL
  • chantalemarie
    chantalemarie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same problem. I enjoy soda too much and diet soda just isn't the same.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Switch to diet.

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I start my day off with a tea then switch to a 2 L bottle of water that I finish off during the day.

Diet cola is hydrating too.
  • Amy_FeathSaorsa
    Amy_FeathSaorsa Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't suggest switching to diet. A friend of mine was struggling to lose weight despite her diet and her doctor told her to cut out the diet coke and she's lost 39lbs since! Try reducing the soda by gradually replacing it with water etc! :)
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Switch to diet.

Ewwwwwwwww.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't suggest switching to diet. A friend of mine was struggling to lose weight despite her diet and her doctor told her to cut out the diet coke and she's lost 39lbs since! Try reducing the soda by gradually replacing it with water etc! :)

She was probably eating something with it then. Diet soda doesn't have any calories. Whether it makes you crave sweet foods or not is a very individual thing.
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options

She must have cut out diet soda and started eating at a deficit at the same time?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    ooooooh, coca cola... never mind.
  • xesixb
    xesixb Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    This
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options

No....chances are your friend also began eating at a calorie deficit. Diet coke won't make you gain weight. Not eating at a calorie deficit will make you gain weight. OP...if you like the taste of diet coke, have a diet coke. If you don't and you prefer water... that's cool.

There are people all over this site who have successfully switched from a full calorie soda to diet soda and have lost the weight.
  • KayleighIsGoingFatToFit
    Options
    I used to drink 2litres of Pepsi Max a day for a few years and I managed to come of it :smile:
    Although I did go cold turkey and I had bad headaches from the caffeine withdrawal but I managed to do it and I feel so much better and less bloated due to it.
    You can do it :smiley:
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    L O EFFING L

FJLDKSJFSDFJSDKFSDL

No.
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    xesixb wrote: »
    This

Not this
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options

Sorry but no. She likely started eating at a deficit, thus lost weight. Diet soda had nothing to do with it. Unless she had a medical issue. Its going to come down to cico