Alternative to Shakeology

Replies

• htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    samerz816 wrote: »
    I currently drink Chocolate Shakeology for breakfast (with 2 tbsp PB2, 1/2 a frozen banana, and 1/2 cup of skim milk) and I'm reaching the bottom of the bag. Before I reorder, I wanted to get some input about some alternatives to the product. I love Shakeology, but it's a bit pricey. While I'm not totally against the price for what you get, I'm certain there are other products out there that provide the same nutrients at a much lower cost.

Please keep in mind I am looking for COMPARABLE products. In other words, I'm not interested in hearing about dozens of protein shakes that are JUST protein shakes. Shakeology provides a lot of additional nutrients that a lot of protein shakes don't (and need a multi-vitamin to offset). Again, this is not an option I'm against - but for now, I'm trying to get just one product that is COMPARABLE to Shakeology. I know nothing will be exact, but if it's close enough and saves me $25-50 a month, then I'll take it :)

Thanks!

Real food.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Body by VI offers similar multi level marketing opportunities. I'm not sure why you would want to try any product that would NOT offer such great opportunities. All this talk about nutrition is just silly if you don't consider marketing and coaches etc.

We need a "like" button, because I love this answer!

• ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    edited April 2015
    Steak.

ShakeO's protein (17g/140 calories) is actually pretty subpar in comparison to other, less expensive powders, but I guess if it has all those other magical properties nobody cares.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    I just ordered the sample package.. It's not to lose weight but to get something in me quick after my runs. I just got it and waiting on a new blender I ordered to given it a try. I know it's expensive but I just have to see if it's any good. I may or may not order it again. I will know by Friday if it taste good or not.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    mygrl4meee wrote: »
    I just ordered the sample package.. It's not to lose weight but to get something in me quick after my runs. I just got it and waiting on a new blender I ordered to given it a try. I know it's expensive but I just have to see if it's any good. I may or may not order it again. I will know by Friday if it taste good or not.
    Yay for knowing it's over priced but buying it anyway!

Teach me your ways oh wise one.
  • jkwolly
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    Steak.

ShakeO's protein (17g/140 calories) is actually pretty subpar in comparison to other, less expensive powders, but I guess if it has all those other magical properties nobody cares.

Blender steak?!
  • mygrl4meee
    jkwolly wrote: »

Why be an *kitten*!?If it's not your money then don't worry about it. Last I knew you don't pay my bills or my grocery bills. I never mentioned its over priced. That is your opinion. If it helps me get my calories in after a long run and if I choose to purchase it again that is my right.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member

Why be an *kitten*!?If it's not your money then don't worry about it. Last I knew you don't pay my bills or my grocery bills. I never mentioned its over priced. That is your opinion. If it helps me get my calories in after a long run and if I choose to purchase it again that is my right.

Lol any food would help you get in calories after a long run
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    Acg67 wrote: »

Such as a BABC (Big A** Bacon Cheeseburger)!

• mygrl4meee
    I have an issue where I am not hungry say after 8 miles and don't want food...then I eat something small and get sick with a bad headache.. just want to try it and if it helps that issue. I signed up for half Marathon in June. I can't be down sick after my runs. If it helps and I can't justify the price I can look for another solution.
  • jkwolly
    rjmudlax13 wrote: »
    Acg67 wrote: »

Such as a BABC (Big A** Bacon Cheeseburger)!
    It's my right to eat those! :kissing_heart:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member

Curious how this would be better than food..??
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    herrspoons wrote: »
    I have an issue where I am not hungry say after 8 miles and don't want food...then I eat something small and get sick with a bad headache.. just want to try it and if it helps that issue. I signed up for half Marathon in June. I can't be down sick after my runs. If it helps and I can't justify the price I can look for another solution.

I get what you're saying, but something like ON Gold Standard Whey will do the job for half the price.

Bc she wants to blow money on "stuff"
  • mygrl4meee
    Thanks for being worried about my money. I will look into your suggestions if I feel the shakes help me get my calories up after my runs. I don't want any food after a long run. I am not trying to lose weight so weight loss isn't my reasons for trying it. Enough said. Haven't even tried.it yet. I may come back and say yuck!
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member

Gu is cheaper and formulated specifically for nutrition during a run.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for being worried about my money. I will look into your suggestions if I feel the shakes help me get my calories up after my runs. I don't want any food after a long run. I am not trying to lose weight so weight loss isn't my reasons for trying it. Enough said. Haven't even tried.it yet. I may come back and say yuck!

No one is worried about your money, but just think about this for a second. You spent extra money on a product that is below average and costs more than about 90% of the products you can buy. Since you have the money to waste, would you buy your car from a dealership for more money even if it has more miles than you could get it at the next dealership over?

• adamhostetler7
    adamhostetler7 Posts: 3 Member
    I see a lot of bashing of Shakeology on here, can someone provide some facts on what's wrong with it (other than the price)? Are their claims BS? IF so, how do you know?
  • Lisaml7411
    Lisaml7411 Posts: 26 Member
    Some of you are just plain rude with your comments! That is totally uncalled for! This person only had a question and you had to take you responses to absolute rudeness. Reminds me of the jock bullies in high school......
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    I see a lot of bashing of Shakeology on here, can someone provide some facts on what's wrong with it (other than the price)? Are their claims BS? IF so, how do you know?

Sure, please list if any of their ingredients are in efficacious dosages for humans and if you check the link I posted I addressed specifics
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    My alternative to breakfast shakes is. . . bacon, sometime a scrambled egg, sometimes a baked apple with granola on top. Alternatives to lunch or dinner shakes: lean meat, veggies, fruit, dairy, and whole grain. Always available and always delicious. And no blender to wash.