What's Your Goal?

Options
13»

Replies

• truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    to be able to buy clothing at almost any store and to not be in so much pain
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    I want to get back into long distance cycling again. I did an 82.67 km ride on Saturday ... so I'm not there yet, but I'm building up.

I also want to be able to climb (cycling) to the top of Mt Wellington here in Hobart. I am a flatlander from Canada. Climbing (by bicycle) is absolutely not my thing. Climbing is really horrible. But I'm told that if I lose weight, I'll find climbing easier. We'll see.
  • samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Initially it was to get as close to 12 stone as I could. Havent weighed that since I was a teenager and previous weight loss attempts stalled at around 12 st 5lbs.

Then I got to 12 in November so just kept going through to new year to see how far I would go. Ended up at 11st 8lbs.

So then going into maintenance I decided to focus on fitness and signed up for a Spartan race in September.

Now my goal is to be in good enough shape I can have a real go at completing the race well.

Also, having spent months reading on here, seeing all the successes etc I do have a bit of vanity kicking in. I want to look good as well, so Im hoping the prep for the Spartan Race can serve two purposes!
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    To get back to the weight I was when I went to uni, I felt pretty good then.

Also to fit comfortably in my old clothes, they're too good to waste!
  • cmcdonald525
    cmcdonald525 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    To stand next to my husband and not look huge (he's got that crazy skinny gene where he just doesn't gain weight easily)

To go to the beach and feel confident in a swimsuit. No more cover up!

This one is petty, but to be able to tell my obese sister in law that all the clothes she likes to send me are too big. She sends me clothes that are always two sizes too small. She KNOWS what size I wear! And seeing as she's in a size 22, I can't believe that she just recently outgrew those size 12 jeans. I don't know if it's intentionally malicious or not, but jokes on her. I'm now able to button and zip them
  • ceembeee
    ceembeee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    To look smoking hot in yoga pants and sports bra. Maybe even wear it in public (while exercising of course)

Preach, sister!
  • GetThatRunnersHigh
    GetThatRunnersHigh Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Visible abs - so close!
    <20% body fat - currently at 22.1% (caliper 7-point measurements).
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    To feel comfortable enough with my looks that I can wear a bikini and not feel the need to cover up half my body instead ;)

~Lyssa
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    12-15% body fat long-term.

Maybe enough hypertrophy for people to notice something other than my height again.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I don't mean y our weight loss goal,
    I mean a goal you hope to achieve while on your journey.

I would love to be able to walk up a flight of stairs without having to catch my breath.
    I would also like to fit in an amusement park ride.

My current goal: to continue being a part of the very small percentage of people who successfully maintain long term. Two years down, around 50 more years to go :)
  • AnRob88
    AnRob88 Posts: 2
    Options
    I want to show myself that I can do this, I want to be proud of myself for achieving my goal, and I want to inspire my family to live a happy and healthy life!
  • imajorchubby
    Options
    JohnBarth wrote: »
    To never worry if I'll need a seat belt extender on an airplane ever again.

If it didn't fit I would just leave mine off :(.

I have never been able to do a pull up, this is my goal.
  • s2Mango
    s2Mango Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    To fit back in to old clothes because I can't afford to buy new ones.
    To feel sexy and have confidence.
    To have energy to enjoy life!
  • HumboldtFred
    HumboldtFred Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I want to learn the secret to complete and lasting happiness. Then I want to share it with you.

Not for the insane price of 99.99, not for 89.99, not even for the rock bottom price of 59.99. No today I want to give you the secret to lasting and complete happiness for fifteen low, low monthly payments of just 9.99

I really just want to be capable of doing anything I want.
  • JLCrunch
    JLCrunch Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    To not have to adjust my shirt upon sitting or standing to account for stomach roll pinches.
    To comfortably cross my legs again
    To make my ex jealous and uncomfortable X-D
  • courtneyallisonatx
    courtneyallisonatx Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Now that I've "fallen off the wagon" and am trying again - my new goal is to be comfortable in my own skin, to feel like i look good enough for my boyfriend (even though he says time and time again he loves me the way i am), and to not go into a room and look for someone fatter than myself before i feel comfortable
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I want to zipline....oh and comfortably wear jeans
  • Trishkit
    Trishkit Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    To compete in a 5k before my 30th birthday. Where I'm at now, it looks like I'll compete in one before my 29th birthday! Also, to be able to do pull-ups and full push-ups (without knees) before the end of the year.
  • Naptownbabi
    Naptownbabi Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I want to get off any kind of medication(HPB Currently) and be able to run around with my kids for hours without needing a break
  • erinc5
    erinc5 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I started this for looks only. Now, though, I really want to be able to do a pull up.