Replies

• HeatherZousel
    HeatherZousel Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Fennel is a diuretic, Fyi
  • Sarasari
    Sarasari Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You know what the calorie count is on the recipe and you are entering that accurately, as well as measuring your portions?
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Between the amount of tomatoes, the beans and the supersized pasta serving, that really is a pretty significant number of carbs.

How many servings of food are you getting out of this? It's not clear to me if this is feeding one person or four.
  • mburgess458
    mburgess458 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Sarasari wrote: »
    You know what the calorie count is on the recipe and you are entering that accurately, as well as measuring your portions?

Yes, but even if I weren't there is no way that it would cause 2.5 lbs of weight gain....and if it did that gain wouldn't go away in a few days if it was from high calories.
  • mburgess458
    Options
    Between the amount of tomatoes, the beans and the supersized pasta serving, that really is a pretty significant number of carbs.

How many servings of food are you getting out of this? It's not clear to me if this is feeding one person or four.

I don't know what you're talking about. I have said the amounts per serving multiple times. I have said the entire thing is 4 servings but I haven't said exactly how much of each ingredient. I have said 1-1.5 servings of pasta per meal/serving (where 1 serving is 56 grams), how is that "supersized"? 1 serving of pasta.
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options

Yes, but even if I weren't there is no way that it would cause 2.5 lbs of weight gain....and if it did that gain wouldn't go away in a few days if it was from high calories.

I would chalk it up to the combination of water retained due to sodium & carbs, and the time it takes for that fair amount of bulk to move through your system, (which can be up to 48 hours).

• mburgess458
    Options
    maxit wrote: »

I would chalk it up to the combination of water retained due to sodium & carbs, and the time it takes for that fair amount of bulk to move through your system, (which can be up to 48 hours).

I can buy that. I also think I might be more sensitive to increased sodium than some people... not because I'm a "special snowflake", just because it's pretty rare that my sodium is above 2,300 mg in a day. Maybe the combination of carbs, a bit more sodium than usual, and the bulk of a literal crap-load of broccoli is the whole answer.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    sausage has a lot of salt

just saying....
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Sodium.

Your meal is making my stomach hurt just thinking about it! I also have issues with tomatoes and broccoli causing bloat and stomach pain. I eat them in moderation. That's probably just me so I would say sodium is your likely issue.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

I don't know what you're talking about. I have said the amounts per serving multiple times. I have said the entire thing is 4 servings but I haven't said exactly how much of each ingredient. I have said 1-1.5 servings of pasta per meal/serving (where 1 serving is 56 grams), how is that "supersized"? 1 serving of pasta.

MEAL and SERVING are really different...

Your recipe seems to be mixing up things that are several servings with things that are individual.

Either way, it seems like a LOT of food. I don't understand why you didn't just share the calories and macros for the meal, per individual. Otherwise we are doing a lot of guessing.