New blood. Looking for some supportive new friends :)

Options
witchyboots
witchyboots Posts: 154 Member
Hello everyone,

I'm Gemma. I signed up to MFP about 10 days ago. Loving it so far (except when I go in the red LOL but I have to admit..that is def keeping me on track)
I got my boyfriend to join and invited a few online friends but the more the merrier I say..I could really use the extra support and motivation at the moment. Is anyone else out there in need of some?? My family and friends *are* supportive of me trying to lose weight but I sometimes feel like I am doing it all on my own and it gets difficult. I just need someone to talk to me down sometimes, you know what I mean?

To tell you a little bit about myself..I am 26 years old and I come from the north east of England. My highest ever weight was 21st (294lbs) - that was 5 years ago and I was on the waiting list for gastric band surgery. As a last ditch effort I decided to join Slimming World and I lost 6st (84lbs) - I took myself off the list as I wanted to carry on as I was. I met my boyfriend and you know how it is..I was happy, I was eating and drinking and not exercising..I am quite ashamed to say that I gained 4st (56lbs) in 4 years. I am very glad that I didn't end up taking the surgery route but I am so disappointed in myself, when I think of all the hard work I put in to lose the weight. He loves me just as I am but I don't love my body right now!!!

Anyway, I made a promise to myself at the start of 2011 that I would lose 4st this year. 5 months on I have lost nearly 2.5st (33lbs) and I am DETERMINED to double that by xmas.

I'll stop rambling now!! If you would like a new friend then don't be shy :)

Replies

• hallybell
    hallybell Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I live by this website! Welcome!
  • ginathebean
    Options
    hey! we are actually in pretty similar situations right now, so i would be jazzed if we could be friends!
  • Slayer66
    Slayer66 Posts: 265
    Options
    Hi, I know what you mean =) GL to you!
  • bluemist248
    bluemist248 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Parts of your story sound very similar to mine! I too gained a lot of weight after meeting my boyfriend, I think it's a case of eating out together a lot, ordering pizza together, sitting around playing video games or watching films and so on. I'm not giving that up, I'm just using my alone time to exercise more to neutralise it all.. if that makes sense.

Anyway, now that I've had a bit of a ramble myself lol.. Welcome to the site, and good luck with your goal! :D
  • abeautifulvoice
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! :) Feel free to add me!
  • candy179
    candy179 Posts: 2
    Options
    First off love your screen name :) I just joined yesterday out of inspiration from a friend of mine who lost 87lbs and she highly recommended the sight. She said i would find the support system that i could connect with and i didnt have to go to meetings that made me feel like i was doing everything wrong LOL.

So feel free to add me and we will reach our goals together :)
  • Change_Agent
    Change_Agent Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

Love your name! I want witchy boots!
    I feel the need for some friends too. I have been a really lame, spotty logger (that's gotta be an insult in some culture) and am trying to get better. I know this week will be spotty again as I will be travelling but hoping to be a bit more accountable going forward. My goal is to lose the same 25 lbs or so that I have wanted to lose for the last TWO DECADES! What's with that? Why is this something I have yet to do? Hoping weight loss will help push forward the all-sorts-of-stuff I have been wanting to do (publish a novel, do something adventurous and athletic, start my own business, etc.).
    Here's to linking arms and moving forward!
    MH
    PS - Gotta get trickier with putting up the photos and the little pretty bars with goals and stuff.