Coconut Oil for Weight Loss?

Options

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Coconut oil is GREAT in the bedroom, That burns calories, So YES it can help weight loss. and ALL WITHOUT GOOGLE!!

Why would you need oil in the bedroom? :huh:

Um ... not sure if serious.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil is GREAT in the bedroom, That burns calories, So YES it can help weight loss. and ALL WITHOUT GOOGLE!!

You start with a massage and just let things progress naturally (or unnaturally) from there.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

You start with a massage and just let things progress naturally (or unnaturally) from there.

Why not use actual massage oil? *shrug*
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

Because you can't cook your SO in massage oil when you are done?
  • janejellyroll
    Options

I think coconut oil works pretty much the same. I never noticed a difference between it and oils marketed specifically for massage.
  • randomtai
    Options

It's processed?

So is everything else.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    If you like oil in your coffee and have the calories and macro (if you care about macros) to spare, then by all means enjoy your coffee with oil. But adding calories to your coffee in an effort to aid weight loss sounds like a pretty bizarre plan to me.
  • randomtai
    Options

I think coconut oil works pretty much the same. I never noticed a difference between it and oils marketed specifically for massage.

Coconut oil in my experience comes in solid form. Massage oil comes in bottles ready to squirt. I cannot imagine how romantic it would be to rub a glob of solid oil and have it melting on my back for a massage. I guess one can heat it up, but that is too much work when you can just again grab a bottle.
  • janejellyroll
    Options

Coconut oil in my experience comes in solid form. Massage oil comes in bottles ready to squirt. I cannot imagine how romantic it would be to rub a glob of solid oil and have it melting on my back for a massage. I guess one can heat it up, but that is too much work when you can just again grab a bottle.

The heat of the hand turns it to liquid virtually instantly. I can understand how it might be a moodkiller for some people, but it's never been an issue at my house.

Anyway, whatever kind you decide to use, oil in the bedroom can be a very positive thing.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil is really high in saturated fat, compared to other cooking oils. I would rather eat my fat in tasty forms, vs a tablespoon of pure fat.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone!

I've read a lot about coconut oil as a an aide for weight loss. I know it's got a lot of fat (the good kind as well) and a lot of calories. So is it worth it to add it to your diet? I've been eating a tablespoon in the morning, and I feel like I have a lot of energy, but I am wondering if it's simply a placebo effect. Anyone have good results from it?
    my understanding is that it helps your diet effort, it helps with abdominal fat, which is metabolically different than fat elsewhere on the body. You could research it from that angle? I do use it daily, in my stir-fry meals (it has high-heat stability), at the rate of about 1T per day.
    WNYEj9G.gif
  • JessieLMay
    JessieLMay Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    It does help curb appetite and increase energy for some. As others said, its not magical, but it's definitely a boost.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Google is your friend... ;)

Yes .... we're all aware of Google. Sometimes it's nice to get answers form real people and have discussions .... that's what this forum if for. ;)

My post wasn't directed to the OP. It was to the person who always answers a question with a question .....

As for the bedroom references. Coconut oil tastes and feels so much better than then those chemically store bought massage oils blaaahhh
  • itstimeRK
    itstimeRK Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    On a slightly related note- another myth I've heard about coconut oil is that it works as an alternative for sunscreen. This is not true, as it does not provide sufficient SPF blockage.
  • randomtai
    Options

As for the bedroom references. Coconut oil tastes and feels so much better than then those chemically store bought massage oils blaaahhh

Maybe you need to shop in better "bedroom" stores. Or use your own.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

Maybe you need to shop in better "bedroom" stores. Or use your own.

Bwahahahaa
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    popping my popcorn now.....

In coconut oil? Cause that's delicious.