female. underweight. need to gain. suggestions???

Options
2»

Replies

• SoccerGurl01
    SoccerGurl01 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    terizius wrote: »
    I started taking a protein/weight gain shake as my first "meal" of the day, because I usually struggle to get AM calories. I also swapped out 1 or 2% milk for whole milk. Started adding cheese to everything. Larger portion sizes, more oil when cooking. It was also important for me to get at least one snack before lunch and one after, so that I don't get home from work with another 2000 calories to eat. Wine and/or ice cream for dessert. Just a few ideas that have worked for me. My diary is open if anyone wants to look.

This is such a help! I'm so busy in the morning that I forget about eating. Then lunch rolls around & I'm wondering y I'm hungry. Lol.
  • SoccerGurl01
    SoccerGurl01 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else get annoyed when people tell just to eat more or push fast food as a good idea??? :/ I guess it's hard for others to understand that gaining is hard. And doing it healthy seems to them ineffective. I try hard to make good nutrient rich choices in larger portions. I don't want to eat fat!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else get annoyed when people tell just to eat more or push fast food as a good idea??? :/ I guess it's hard for others to understand that gaining is hard. And doing it healthy seems to them ineffective. I try hard to make good nutrient rich choices in larger portions. I don't want to eat fat!

except that's the answer- eat more food- and eat higher calorie- less filling food. It may be annoying- but until you start doing it- you're going to be spinning your wheels.

and fat is delicious.

so no- only people like you get annoyed with it- the rest of us know better- so we answer this question regularly.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    JayRuby84 wrote: »
    Get some nuts in your life =D

Heehee!! Yeah baby!

• Springfield1970
    Options

It's because most of us have something in our brains that make us LIVE for food. I'd love to shut it off! But I'm always thinking about food or my next meal. I just cannot imagine 'forgetting' about food. That would be a dream come true for me!
  • surfteam1689
    surfteam1689 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi SoccerGurl01,

Have you ever tried the Spartacus Workout? It's FREE and you can do this in your living room. This will help you build more muscle, and still keep you lean. Here is the jpg file which shows you the exercises. dknrzh5q9sp8.jpg

I couldn't attached the mp3 music file because it's huge, but you can still get it this way...
    Click here, and you can hear the music and see the exercises.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJb9dyY8tKY

To download the mp3 file, copy and paste the same file address above from youtube into this website below, and it will separate the mp3 from the video, which you can then save to your computer.
    http://www.youtube-mp3.org/

Now you have the jpg file, the youtube video, and the mp3. I just use the jpg and mp3 files on my computer when I am doing the workout.

Recommendations:
    1. Start off with a Monday, Wednesday, Friday workout schedule (or Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday).
    2. Plan on doing 3 sets, using just your body weight, or if you find that you can only do 2 sets your first week, that's ok. As you do the reps, use the music tempo.
    3. Do 5 reps on your first set.
    4. Do 6 reps on your second set.
    5. Do 7 reps on your third set, if you can swing a third set.
    6. Use the beats in the music and go slow, which actually burns a lot more calories because you are having to exercise more *muscle control*.
    7. Drink at least 8 - 8 ounce glasses of water per day. I slam a large 16 ounces of water 15 minutes before my workout and another 16 ounces after my workout.
    8. Eat more protein through the day. Use MFP faithfully!

Building muscle will make you look more tone, and help you gain good weight, not fat/flab weight. Being that you love soccer, you know exactly what I mean.
    :-)
  • Springfield1970
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Do you REALLY think the model in the photo hasn't lifted heavy *kitten* in his life?
    For *kitten* sake
  • terizius
    terizius Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    ^^^ and that's why I get most of my info from scientific studies.. Pubmed is my friend, even if it doesn't have any pictures.
  • jessicamendes357
    Options
    Almonds.

Almonds are great to help gain weight! I'm trying to gain weight too. I'm 5.6" and weigh 110lbs
  • lanab84
    lanab84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and weigh 115. I've been highly stressed for two years and lost 15 lbs. I weighed 128 when the stress started, and got down to 112. I'm sloooooooooowly gaining it back. It's interesting that us skinnies that want to gain weight have the same problem in reverse that those who want to lose have. They can gain super fast and losing takes forever, while we lose super fast and gaining takes forever. I miss my "curves"... I also miss my energy levels, and strength. Here's to keeping on pushing!
  • techmen12
    Options
    Eat like 3000+ calories and workout. At first it's hard to get all the calories then you get an apitite and get hungry of you eat any less. Peanuts are great, if you eat one cup of peanuts that's 640 caloroes right there and offer good protien too!