Any muso's here?

Options
MsMe79
MsMe79 Posts: 54
Hey, just thought I'd see if there were any muso amongst us and if so, what do you play etc?

I'm a muso, have been since the moment I could talk. I'm a singer/songwriting, country in my genre, kind of think Dixie Chicks/Martina McBride etc.... I also play piano, guitar, violin, clarinet and other instruments, but I'm not so good at the others... Well actually not that good at guitar yet... but I'm persisting :)

I write my own music, which I find to be a great source of therapy :)

Replies

• JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    I play the piano!
  • MsMe79
    Options
    What kind of music? You in a band or just play for enjoyment?
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    I just play whatever.... haven't played since Jan though..need to get back on it after school is out.

Nah..just for fun!
  • MsMe79
    Options
    Sweet! Because of your signature, I have Avrils song stuck in my head now :laugh:
  • KidP
    KidP Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Yes, though not as active as i once was. I've played in a variety of bands/styles over the years & done a decent amount of touring & shows across the country, mostly bars & clubs. I play electric bass & guitar & can sing a bit as well as dabbling with other instruments. I consider myself an amateur who enjoys playing with friends more than anything else - i.e. it's a good thing i've never been in it for the money. I don't write nearly as many songs as i once did & tend to play in cover bands more than original ones these days. Just played with a large band at a wedding on the weekend which was really fun.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I play the spoons. I'm awesome.
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Muso?!
  • MsMe79
    Options
    Nice KidP... I use to do the covers thing, but I moved away from my home town. The money for us was great in covers, and I love singing, so I didn't care what I was singing.

I have a lot of friends who only do "original" music and tell me I've sold my soul to the devil for doing covers, but I don't know, it's so much fun. Must get back into it.

I too only consider myself to be amatuer, but I love what I do.

Heather - spoons are hard to play :tongue:
  • MsMe79
    Options
    Muso?!

Musicians.. sorry that might be Aussie slang, not sure