Gain weight in 'right places'?

Options
I'm 5'7 about 135 lbs. That doesn't sound very small, but I have a large frame (big hands and feet, etc) and I'm not sure I look very healthy. My mom told me I look bony, and it's true. I still have some good fat in my thighs and butt, but my boobs are basically nonexistent and you can see my ribs. I was quite upset looking at my wedding pictures because I wore a low cut dress, and it honestly looks like a guy's chest because there are no female curves. I know I need to eat more, but I don't want the fat to go to my stomach, face, etc. I know you can't target where fat goes, but is there any way to possibly nudge the fat to go to the correct places? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Nope. You can't "spot gain" just like you can't "spot reduce" when you're losing.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You can't target where fat goes. You know that and said you know that, so why are you asking for advice on something you know is impossible?

You can either learn to love your body as is or get implants. I don't have boobs because I have low body fat and that's okay with me.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    smille01 wrote: »
    I know you can't target where fat goes,

You answered your own question
  • smille01
    smille01 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    You can't target where fat goes. You know that and said you know that, so why are you asking for advice on something you know is impossible?

You can either learn to love your body as is or get implants. I don't have boobs because I have low body fat and that's okay with me.

I asked because I didn't know if there were any types if exercise that may help, instead of just turning into a jiggly blob.

• usmcmp
    Options
    smille01 wrote: »
    usmcmp wrote: »

I asked because I didn't know if there were any types if exercise that may help, instead of just turning into a jiggly blob.

You could lift and gain muscle to help cover your ribs, but it's not going to add fat to your boobs.
  • smille01
    Options
    Okay, all I wanted to know. Thanks.
  • KingRat79
    KingRat79 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    you can't control where fat goes, but you can add muscle which can help to make you look more shapely
  • muscledaveSJC
    muscledaveSJC Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Your big boned, up your carb intake, clean carbs! It will help you fill out.
    Diet is always crucial, everyone knows this:)
  • Lady_jane_
    Lady_jane_ Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    ohhhh Dave, wait for people to jump on that 'clean carb' comment.
  • usmcmp
    Options

Eating "clean carbs" will give her boobs and not fill in her face or stomach? No.

Also, our bone structure has nothing to do with how you should set up a macro split.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Well...............no.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options

This is interesting. Tell me more.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Big boned?

All I have to offer is some Kleenex for stuffing, or save up for implants.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options

What a load of misinformation
  • smille01
    Options
    Lol I know better than to listen to advice about 'clean carbs.'
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

:huh: :noway:

OP, I wouldn't take advice from someone who doesn't know the difference between you're and your....
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    eat.
    lift.
    at 5'7" 135- you're pretty small.

I'm 5'8" @ 160 pounds.

Lift. put some muscle on that frame- lifting makes everything better.
  • vfit10
    vfit10 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I wish :)
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    Disregarding the heated debate

If you would like to sculpt your body in certain places you can...build muscle mass in a particular body are by lifting.

Women you can build your chest...just like men do it.

I do not wish to be attacked me for my post. You can disagree with my opinion without reposting me and without attacking me. Just passover me please. Thank you
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

:huh: :noway:

OP, I wouldn't take advice from someone who doesn't know the difference between you're and your....
    JoRocka wrote: »
    eat.
    lift.
    at 5'7" 135- you're pretty small.

I'm 5'8" @ 160 pounds.

Lift. put some muscle on that frame- lifting makes everything better.

That's how we all know to take her advice.