18 pounds by June 15th!!

Kdenino8
Kdenino8 Posts: 8 Member
edited April 2015 in Motivation and Support
I need to lose 18 pounds to be at my goal weight and what better way to do it, then make a 9 pound goal, a month, for myself for the next 2 months.... im not new to this dieting and exercising expectation. i did just start a new gym membership at GetFit which is like a crosstraining/crossfit type of gym. Anyone can join me! anyone and everyone is welcome.

2 months from now!

Current weight:138
Goal weight:120

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    That's an awfully aggressive goal, especially when you are small. Maybe the best way to do it is to just keep doing what you have been doing and be a little bit patient?
  • Kdenino8
    ive done it before, just havent worked out 6 days a week. the training im starting is 6 days a week.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    What's the rush? :)

I've lost weight quickly in the past and it comes back even faster. Slow and steady this time. You also say you've done it before.

Good luck!
  • Kdenino8
    Yea but last time I didn't lose it rite, this time I gave myself a respectful goal and I'll work hard for it with lots of determination!!! Keep focus with exercise and diet.. A whole lifestyle change
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    9lbs a month when you have less than 20 to lose? That's more than 2lbs/week. No amount of working out will healthily make that happen. You can have focus and determination until the cows come home.

Took me 110 days to lose 17lbs. Dec 2014 to April 2015. When you don't have much to lose it doesn't come off fast. Unless you cut off a limb, which I guess could work.

• lambchoplewis1
    lambchoplewis1 Posts: 156 Member
    I think u can do it. I have 15-20 lbs to lose. My moms bday is June 15 and this would be a nice gift to give her!!! I am only 5"2" tall and small. I am currently 123 lbs. I was at 100-105 for over two years and started to drink wine. Gained 20 lbs. in less than 9 months. I am back on track with no wine. I will keep u posted on my weight loss
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    That's going to be too aggressive for your needs. .5-1 pound a week is where you should be (and definitely half a pound after the first 3-5 pounds go).
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    edited April 2015
    I've been losing 9-11 pounds a month since I started at the end of last December. I've already lost 6 pounds this month. I eat fairly healthy, I don't skimp out on food and I go to the gym (for cardio and weight lifting) for about an hour and a half 5-6 times a week. I even eat back half the calories burned at the gym. Your goal is entirely doable if you are really dedicated. You will not die or become malnourished. You'll be fine.

Edit: I forgot to add, I have a 'cheat meal' once or twice a week as well.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Kdenino8 wrote: »
    Yea but last time I didn't lose it rite, this time I gave myself a respectful goal and I'll work hard for it with lots of determination!!! Keep focus with exercise and diet.. A whole lifestyle change

You're still not doing it right if you want to lose 9 lbs/month.

Unless medically supervised, 2 lbs/week is the absolute EXTREME for weight loss, and that's only if you have a LOT to lose.

If you're getting rid of the last few pounds, aim for 0.5lbs/week or less.

You knew this was coming, so suck it up and do it right.
  • RainRedfield
    RainRedfield Posts: 597 Member
    edited April 2015
    I'm there with ya. I'm going for 25 by June 15th. YOU can do it!!!

I'm dancing 5 days a week and walking nearly every day. I've also started eating pretty cleanly, so I'm excited to see if I can get it done.

Current: 197
    Goal: 172
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Kdenino8 wrote: »

doesn't sound like you're going to lose it "rite" this time either. for the amount you have to lose, your goal is quite aggressive and not "respectful".

and to answer your question of "what better way to do it, then[sic] make a 9 pound goal, a month..."
    try a more sustainable goal...like 4lb/mo or less.
  • Kdenino8
    I'm there with ya. I'm going for 25 by June 15th. YOU can do it!!!

I'm dancing 5 days a week and walking nearly every day. I've also started eating pretty cleanly, so I'm excited to see if I can get it done.

Current: 197
    Goal: 172

Thank you very much, yes its a very do able goal. im VERY active, i work in the hospital so im constantly on the move, and working out 6 days a week. My diet consist of lots of protien, we (my family) took out breads, pastas, any/all dairy, we do the paleo diet and it makes you feel fabulous!
  • Kdenino8
    jazmin220 wrote: »
    I've been losing 9-11 pounds a month since I started at the end of last December. I've already lost 6 pounds this month. I eat fairly healthy, I don't skimp out on food and I go to the gym (for cardio and weight lifting) for about an hour and a half 5-6 times a week. I even eat back half the calories burned at the gym. Your goal is entirely doable if you are really dedicated. You will not die or become malnourished. You'll be fine.

Edit: I forgot to add, I have a 'cheat meal' once or twice a week as well.

Yes we have one cheat day a week, and that is only for one meal for that day. and it usually isnt that bad. Thanks! i got this! We all got this!
  • Kdenino8
    I think u can do it. I have 15-20 lbs to lose. My moms bday is June 15 and this would be a nice gift to give her!!! I am only 5"2" tall and small. I am currently 123 lbs. I was at 100-105 for over two years and started to drink wine. Gained 20 lbs. in less than 9 months. I am back on track with no wine. I will keep u posted on my weight loss

I am also 5'2 but my ideal goal is 120. But being tone as well, thats why i joined a crossfit gym to help me shed the fat with lots of cardio and tone with the weights. And thank you for support! yes let me know, would love to keep track!!
  • Reefkoa
    Reefkoa Posts: 1 Member
    That's a goal I might get on board with! Do you use a fitness tracker like a Fitbit? I've just got a jawbone and have found it really helps motivate me.

Good luck!
  • Kdenino8
    Reefkoa wrote: »
    That's a goal I might get on board with! Do you use a fitness tracker like a Fitbit? I've just got a jawbone and have found it really helps motivate me.

Good luck!

Yes I have a Jawbone UP and I seriously love it!! I also take raspberry ketones and will be buying more pre work out, I ran out Atm. Your welcome to join!!! Start day is tomarrow because it's exactly 2 months away
  • Cameronie
    Cameronie Posts: 26 Member
    forget the haters! go for your unhealthy goals!

maybe, just maybe... If I say my prayers, and eat my vitamins... one day... if I'm lucky. I'll be able to lose as much as you.
    :-P