Loss the gut

Options
I have been trying to lose my gut and have lost 16lbs but have been stuck at my current weight (208lbs) for the past two weeks I exercise 3 to 4 times a week and eat under 2400 cal
My daily protein is 208g carbs are under 300g

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Read the stickie at the top
  • AdamLyster
    AdamLyster Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you are trying to still lose weight, you should cut your carbs down dramatically, under 100g if you can.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    Be sure you are weighing and measuring everything you eat and drink and logging it accurately.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    AdamLyster wrote: »
    If you are trying to still lose weight, you should cut your carbs down dramatically, under 100g if you can.

No.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    How carefully are your measuring your food? Have you considered dropping your calories by 250 or so a day? Are you using some other measure of progress other than the scale (body measurements, photos, and the like)?

Frankly, knowing your ages, height, weight, and activity level through the day would help a lot in determining whats up.
  • mitchel_lee_k
    mitchel_lee_k Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I take that back carbs are more like 225
    I'm 31 5'10" 208 lbs most days little activity at work
    And I have considered lowering my cal intake
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

No.
  • jetsman32
    jetsman32 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you are still eating too much. I am your same height (but weigh 200) and my calories to lose two pounds a week are 1700. Try to check you're goals in MFP and make sure you don't have it set on maintain current weight. 2400 to lose weight really sounds like a lot. Also, I agree with a few comments above- cut your carb intake dramatically for awhile and see if the results are any better.

• usmcmp
    Options
    jetsman32 wrote: »
    Sounds to me like you are still eating too much. I am your same height (but weigh 200) and my calories to lose two pounds a week are 1700. Try to check you're goals in MFP and make sure you don't have it set on maintain current weight. 2400 to lose weight really sounds like a lot. Also, I agree with a few comments above- cut your carb intake dramatically for awhile and see if the results are any better.

It sounds like his is set to half a pound or a pound per week, which is actually a great goal. I maintain on more than 2400 calories per day as a female around the same height. My guess is that he isn't weighing food, which would mean he's eating more than he thinks.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Generally it is a pretty good bet that when weight loss stalls... Either you are under estimating your calories consumed, or over estimating your calories burned. Case in point.... I rode a bicycle on flat ground slowly for 74 minutes today. MFP said I burned over 600 calories... My heart rate monitor said 114.
  • SweetRonnieB
    SweetRonnieB Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    You're definitely eating too much. I'm 38 and 6'0. Started at 222 lbs in January and am down to ~209 now. When I was tracking vigilantly I was eating between 1,800-2,000 calories/day (targeting 220g carbs and 120-150 protein) and doing FXB 6x/week. I averaged about a pound down a week and taking Saturday off (averaged 2500-3,000 cals on Saturdays).

Just with the amount of carbs and protein you are eating puts you over 2,000 calories a day (1gram protein or carb =4 calories, fat=9 calories). Humans only absorb ~30g protein at a time, so even eating 6 meals a day, you're over eating protein. What are you doing for a workout?

Cut the carbs back to fruits/veggies/whole grains and drink only 1 day a week if necessary.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    You're definitely eating too much. I'm 38 and 6'0. Started at 222 lbs in January and am down to ~209 now. When I was tracking vigilantly I was eating between 1,800-2,000 calories/day (targeting 220g carbs and 120-150 protein) and doing FXB 6x/week. I averaged about a pound down a week and taking Saturday off (averaged 2500-3,000 cals on Saturdays).

Just with the amount of carbs and protein you are eating puts you over 2,000 calories a day (1gram protein or carb =4 calories, fat=9 calories). Humans only absorb ~30g protein at a time, so even eating 6 meals a day, you're over eating protein. What are you doing for a workout?

Cut the carbs back to fruits/veggies/whole grains and drink only 1 day a week if necessary.

No they don't. That's broscience. We don't even finish digesting protein sources immediately.

• mwebster01
    mwebster01 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    cut your calories down.
    I have been trying to lose my gut and have lost 16lbs but have been stuck at my current weight (208lbs) for the past two weeks I exercise 3 to 4 times a week and eat under 2400 cal
    My daily protein is 208g carbs are under 300g
    cut your calories and carbs down.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options

NO!
    OP, can you open your diary?
  • mitchel_lee_k
    Options
    I'll try
  • mitchel_lee_k
    Options
    Liftng4lis I have it unlocked
  • usmcmp
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10012907/logging-accuracy-consistency-and-youre-probably-eating-more-than-you-think#latest

I see a lot of things in your diary that are probably not accurate (measuring solids in cups instead of ounces and grams is a big one). Start here.
  • mitchel_lee_k
    Options
    Thanks for the tip only been doing this for a month