30 day shred

Options
13»

Replies

• Rizzle_
    Rizzle_ Posts: 1
    Options
    I might start today but I probably won't stick with it since I have 2 hours of sports every single day next week + school. :\
  • patj06
    patj06 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thought to myself I'm fairly fit, just try level 2. Ha! Bad idea! I did it but Lordy lord it's gonna hurt tomorrow. Stock to level 1 until you've done a full seven workouts/full week. Curiosity nearly killed the cat! The cat being me!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I still have trouble doing the anterior raises, my shoulders and neck area are hurting. I do as many as I can and then do something else. I know my arms are getting stronger, so maybe we will just get stronger and then be able to do them better.
  • jadior
    jadior Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    5000th Angel -I wear a hrm when I'm doing the shred and I'm only burning about 111 calories on level 1. I am on day 8 today so I'm going to assume about the same. When I get to level 2 I'm hoping it will be more!!
  • britters522
    britters522 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I just started yesterday. Are you all still going? Is love to hear results so fat!
  • 5000thAngel
    5000thAngel Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm still going britters522, but I'm working other stuff in because I get bored too easily. : / I realized I could only do about 8 days on level 1 before I got really bored and I was going to quit so I jumped up a level, and then found the same thing at level 2 - by day 8 I was done. So I am finished with day 18, but I'm only going to go 8 days each level (for a total of 24 days). I've been adding Kickboxing in between a few days when I just didn't have motivation for 30DS, and this week was my Spring Break (i'm a teacher) so I did both 30DS and Kickboxing almost every day.

I haven't lost any weight on the scale, but I FEEL better. I feel stronger, I can see progress and my husband even commented on my arms looking more toned. I haven't checked measurements and I'm going to try to take some progress pics tomorrow and then again at the end of my 24 days. I know it's not 30 but....I just can't do more.
  • jadior
    jadior Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I just did Day 5. I'm a little behind because I ended up taking 3 days off this week. Life got in the way.

I've managed to up my weights to 5lbs for everything except the anterior raises and rows (3lbs for those still) and 8lbs for the fly's (my overall favorite strength exercise). I'm still doing the "easy" pushups, but increasing amount so that's a plus I think.

Does anyone else use a HR monitor? And if so, what does your "burn" say? Mine says I'm burning approximately 230 on Level 1. Now, I do have a heart murmur and my heart rate is higher than normal, so I end up with a pretty high burn rate for most activities, but I'm wondering just how much higher it is in comparison.

Just to compare: My avg HR on this level is 144 but keep in mind my resting HR just sitting here doing nothing is approximately 95-99.

asbm3278 wrote: »
    Day 7 today! I find that my endurance has increased a bit and I find myself doing more of the advanced moves now. Just wish I could do those anterior raises with the lateral lunges. That is the hardest move for me! Keep up the good work everyone!

I complete understand!! I canNOT get those darn anterior raises. I've actually started doing them with just one 3lb weight, both hands holding it. Manage to get most of the way through the exercise. Then when my arms just can't handle it, I just do the lunges for a few reps and start the arms again.

I use a hrm. Today i did day 1 level 3 (beginner shred) and burned 206 calories.
  • couldbeme
    couldbeme Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Starting 30 day shred by JM today, who wants to tag along?
    We can add eachother and discuss as well as motivate each other

I just ordered it but i just did her one that was on tv the other night the 321 ripped in 30 was on fab tv .. Uk xi have bought flat abs shaun t and 3 mins belly blast x
  • AnishaLikesPizza
    AnishaLikesPizza Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I restarted it yet again this year :#:s:( , but I'm so glad I have much more free time to do it properly, I'm more motivated than ever to finally be able to finish it, congrats to everyone that completed it and welcome to those who are starting it