I can't find the motivation to keep eating healthy

Options
I start off my week going strong eating healthy but by Thursday it seems to all start going down hill. I go out to eat and poof all my hard work down the drain. What do some of you do to stay motivated through the weekends and keep on the right track! Also what are some of your trick on what to eat when you go out to eat. I want to lose at least 20 pounds by July!

Replies

• LoveMyBabes3
    LoveMyBabes3 Posts: 53 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I tend to go over my calorie count at least once a week but not so much that I will gain weight. If I go out to eat I plan for it and try to order from the lighter version menus. I try to plan ahead every day and log what I think I'm going to eat ahead of time. This way I can save room for treats I want to eat too. Don't let one slip mess you up for the whole week. Just get right back on track the next meal/day and drink lots of water especially after eating out.

Keep your goal on mind. 20 pounds won't come off by itself.

I have been counting calories since February and have lost 12.5 lbs. This includes special treats, eating out, etc.
  • porchahicks
    Options
    I just try to not go out to eat. It's temptation, trust me I love food so much and I use to have that issue, but I keep looking how far my face is getting, so I stay home so I'm not tempted to get something I will regret.
  • nancyjay__
    nancyjay__ Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I look at the menu before I decide to go out to eat. If i can't find anything that I can eat without running all of my hard work I just don't go.
    Tips: If its a burger place I tell them no bun, I get steamed or grilled veggies, unsalted, no dressing, box half your meal, Don't drink soda. plan to destroy your calories early on and work out more or save some cals for that special outing. Get creative.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    This helps me:

Most people give up what they want . . . for what they want now.
  • csb66
    csb66 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    First off yay at least you're trying, second I dont think you have made a commitment to the lifestyle. when you are truly fed up with whatever it was that got you to this site YOU WILL SUCCEED. and no amount of junk food, cookies, candy, chips, cheeseburger or whatever your pleasures are will deter you from your goal. Make no mistake about it, this is hard work, we are all struggling to get it right, but you must commitment, and must keep yourself accountable, no one can do it for you. There is no trick when going out to eat, you have to make a decision that either you wont go out to eat until you reach your goal of 20 lbs if you can't resist the yummy food, or you can make it apart of your calorie intake for the day and don't go beyond that. It's up to you other wise you will be stopping and starting over again all the time, and that just sucks. Hang in there girlfriend. :smiley:
  • michelle101388
    michelle101388 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time with this as well. I can do do good during the week but weekends mess me up. I just gotta commit better and get back at it. I get disappointed when I see I messed up. I am going to make a goal that I will stick to my Calorie count every day.
  • michelle101388
    michelle101388 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Also this helped me reading these :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Its nice you wnat to lose 20lbs by July, but you need to get your basic dieting in order before you can think about losing anything consistently. For weight loss you just need a deficit you cna eat chcolate and burgers if you want to, simply moderate the amount you eat.

It sounds like you have unrealistic expectations and you are setting yourself up for a fail.

Its easier to stay motivated when you lose weight becayse you realise it works and want to protect it. Read the stickies and learn what you are meant to be doing then set yourself small realistic targets. COMMIT to this.
  • JessieLMay
    JessieLMay Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I tend to go over my calorie count at least once a week but not so much that I will gain weight. If I go out to eat I plan for it and try to order from the lighter version menus. I try to plan ahead every day and log what I think I'm going to eat ahead of time. This way I can save room for treats I want to eat too. Don't let one slip mess you up for the whole week. Just get right back on track the next meal/day and drink lots of water especially after eating out.

Keep your goal on mind. 20 pounds won't come off by itself.

I have been counting calories since February and have lost 12.5 lbs. This includes special treats, eating out, etc.

^^yes, this! I never deprive myself. I have a cookie everyday lol. And then some, sometimes, and it's all in my calorie goal still. And it is ALL from planning early, logging ahead. So if you want to go all out while going out, you know you have to eat light the rest of the day and know that these certain meals foods are going to keep you within your goal. You don't HAVE to eat healthy ALL the time if it means that it will not keep you on this path. I also like to plan a "cheat day" where I pretty much just take the day off lol. I use to be so addicted to junk food but I would just cut it cold turkey and that is what made it hard to stay on track. Now, it's much easier.
  • lorenmsalinas
    lorenmsalinas Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. This week has been a lot better! I need to just stay focused and the quote of "most people give up what they want for what they want now" has helped alot.
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    If you are going out to a "chain" restaurant you can go on the internet and find their menu and nutritional information. That way you can plan ahead for what you can order that will fit in with your daily goals. My husband is hooked on Famous Dave's barbeque and almost everything on their menu is almost my daily allowance! I certainly don't want to starve myself the entire day but I have found a couple things on the menu that isn't too bad if I only eat half. Some of their sides are under 100 calories so I fill up on the sides and take half of the entree home for the next day. Since I plan for it I can stay fairly close to my goal for the day. Also, if I know we are going out I will cut back a little on my breakfast and lunch or skip one or two snacks that day. Even if I go over, I can recoup the next day. Don't let one bad day get you down, just pick yourself up and carry on the next day.
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    If you are not going over your calories during the week, you can go over alittle on weekend, especially if you leave some calories on the table, I lost 52 lbs the last year doing that.