Not New but Needing New Friends

Options
rhye
rhye Posts: 104 Member
I've been here several years. In that time I've lost a good deal of weight, got pregnant, had a baby, gained weight, and am losing that again. I find that many of my original friends are gone, and most did not lose the weight they wanted to lose. That makes me feel very dejected. I need new friends, but I am specifically looking for friends who have some of the same challenges as me in order to prove to me that it can be done. I:

+ Have a hundred total pounds to lose. I've lost almost 20 of those. But I've been in the same place for six weeks and I know it's a mental block because I am over-eating.
+ Have two kids (9mo. and 3 years) and two jobs and only 6 hours of childcare per week (will probably change in the fall) so I get no sleep. I do make wholesome foods for meals but I also easily succumb to stress eating and junk food cravings.
+ Am breastfeeding. All the cravings. None of the sleep. My ghrelin is OFF THE HOOK OUT OF CONTROL.
+ Workout regularly and to a high intensity.
+ Am battling plantar fasciitis and shin splints. And by "battling" I mean ignoring them when I workout and then icing and taking painkillers later and bemoaning myself for ignoring them while I was working out.

PLEASE IS THERE SOMEONE WITH YOUNG KIDS AND A LOT OF WEIGHT TO LOSE THAT WANTS TO BE MY MOTIVATIONAL FRIEND?? Or someone with a lot of weight to lose that is also very physically active? Am I a unicorn, does no one else workout while heavy? I know that's not true because I see them all the time at the gym. I mostly weightlift and hiit, fwiw, and I walk or run when I have an audiobook that needs to be read.

Replies

• Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi. I have five children 17 to 6 years of age. I did not have as much to lose as you, but had the other challenges you are talking about, including the appetite issues. Finally found out how to get it all under control and heading in the right direction. I'm totally committed and am serious about making progress. If you like to make progress and interact, we could be friends!
  • octaviabishoprn
    octaviabishoprn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    :) l
  • edwinvazquez92
    edwinvazquez92 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I believe you can accomplish your goal. I am father and mother to twin boys who are now three. I've struggle with weight all my life but lost much of it before they were born. After that due to my lack of attention to myself I let myself. I haven't always used this app but that's changing now . This time last year I was 300 pounds now I struggle at 256. I think we can all accomplish our goals by sticking together.
  • rhye
    rhye Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! I know it's possible but I feel like I'm not in the right headspace, and obviously I need to get there!