Polar FT4 Thoughts???

Options
I just bought one and tried it out for the first time. What are your thoughts on it?

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Meh...they're okay. Lots of problems with the strap not reading correctly after a few months from the majority of people that bought them. Or after the batteries are in need of changing.

The cheap come out expensive. I've found over the years how to calculate calories from just about anything I do with about the same amount of accuracy so it sits on the shelf collecting dust.

They will give you an idea if you are newer though :smile:
  • SFDonovan
    SFDonovan Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've had one for almost a year. I'd return it if I were you. The FT4 doesn't have any sync functionality to send your data to a website like MFP. There are better HRM devices that really shine. I like my fitness devices to have some bells and whistles. The FT4 doesn't have any.
  • rianoel
    rianoel Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you want it for. All I want is to look at my heart rate while I'm working out, and know average beats per minute afterward. It's fine for that. If you want much more, you need to jump price brackets.
  • Fit_Belle
    Fit_Belle Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have one and I like it but I really don't know if its accurate with the calories burned
  • SammyKatt13
    SammyKatt13 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I've had my ft4 for about... I say 5 years. I've never had a problem with it. I've replaced the batteries once and I bought a new chest strap this year since my first one wasn't fitting me properly anymore. It does everything I need/want it to do and it works perfectly.
  • JenMaselli
    JenMaselli Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Love mine. Just want it to tell me my heart rate and calorie burns and it does the job. I don't need it to sync with anything so no worries there. Sometimes it takes a minute to get it to read your heart rate, but you just need to take the strap off and run the sensors under water then restrap it and restart the workout.
  • cnldance
    cnldance Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for your great feedback!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I used to use an ft4 and had no problems with it...depends on what you need it for...I didn't need a bunch of bells and whistles and syncing to the app and what not...I just needed to monitor my heart rate and liked that I could get a general idea of my calorie burn for steady state cardio...it was fine for that.